Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 03:53 PM

Washing

I washed it on the usual cycle...only I left it in the machine overnight,with the door closed.

When I took it out this morning it stank..I have done this before,but it has never smelt like this.

It smells like a filthy old drain....any idea why this has happened?

I've had to wash it again as it smells that bad.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Re: Washing

I had a similar problem with my machine Pauline. My wasband, being an electrician said, "have you checked the filter?" He fiddled about with a flap under the door and cleared out some yucky stuff!
I didn't even know there was a filter!
Have a look at your machine and Google it to see if there is one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:01 PM

Do you ever spring clean the washing machine with that cleaning special fluid you can buy in the supermarket? The stuff you put in for a washing cycle and it all smells nice afterwards?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I had a similar problem with my machine Pauline. My wasband, being an electrician said, "have you checked the filter?" He fiddled about with a flap under the door and cleared out some yucky stuff!
The filter usually gives off a waft when the machine isn't being used.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

Firstly Tess...My wasband?..

I know there is a filter,but I never thought about doing that.

I am insured with British Gas...re:my washing machine..so will ring/explain the situation to them...thank you Tess.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-07-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Do you ever spring clean the washing machine with that cleaning special fluid you can buy in the supermarket? The stuff you put in for a washing cycle and it all smells nice afterwards?
I do that every month,with an empty machine,it also stops lime scale build up.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:26 PM

Use bio powder, every so often, and put it on a boil wash once a month, ( empty)
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-07-2019, 04:34 PM

Hi Primus,I already do that,I have a special product,which goes on a empty 60 degrees wash,it's called,WPRO...lime scale and grease remover.you can also use it on dishwashers.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi Primus,I already do that,I have a special product,which goes on a empty 60 degrees wash,it's called,WPRO...lime scale and grease remover.you can also use it on dishwashers.
Then check your door seal ( the grey rubber seal) it will probably have black mould in the creases and folds, if it has then use bleach to clean it, and put on another boil wash before you use it again....60 deg is no use needs to be a boil ( 90) wash, do you use non bio liquid/ powder..?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-07-2019, 05:32 PM

My grey rubber seal,I can assure you,is spotless...I have been washing for yrs,I have never ever had this problem.

I will try it tonight on 90 degrees in an empty machine,then I will do a wash load,leave it in the machine with the door closed over night..they will find out the result in the morning..failing that,I will ring British Gas...thank you.Primus.yes I use ariel liquid in the green box.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top