Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 02:58 PM

Re: The deed is done!

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Here we hire real estate agents who are responsible for all aspects of the sale (from making sure the lights are on and porches are swept for showings, to managing the legalities, to hiring the photography). Their fees run between 4 and 6% of the final sale price. It's interesting to read about the differences in hour the process is similar and different.
Here we call them just estate agents. Ours charged 1.5% of the sale price.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 03:33 PM

We were lucky I baited our Estate Agent down to 0.75% of the sale price, I kept flashing my eye lids at him, and he gave in.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
So the reasons for the sale are...

1. My dog needs a garden, so I don't have to keep walking her.
2. I would dearly love a garden myself.
3. I want to be free of the restraints of owning a leasehold property. If I own my own house, I will be solely responsible for its upkeep and further sale.
4. The ghastly noisy drunken barstewards in the neighbouring social block.
5. Holly barking at the window or outside the French door at every passing dog.
6. Holly realising the foxes are about and getting fidgety and wanting to go out and see them.
7. Holly getting me out in the middle of the night for a toilet.
8. The church opposite and the noise from the drummers, the singing, the congregation milling about outside in the street, being incredibly noisy and disruptive.
9. A move away from the allotment and all the politics and nastiness. I will grow vegetables in my own garden, thank you very much.
10. My town is fast becoming a concrete jungle and I hate seeing all the blocks going up and the car parks being taken over for housing.
11. I shan't miss anybody else here.
12. I want to live where my sister is now living, in Suffolk, and enjoy what she is enjoying!!

All very valid reasons if I may say so, Jazzi.

I can't imagine how you've managed this long with Hollie and no garden, especially when you first had her and was trying to house train her.
You must be a Saint.

It will also be lovely to be able to grow stuff yourself and tend it without having to travel to the alloments, and you will have a garden to sit in and have your cuppa, too.

Really hope all goes well for you, and you get sorted without too much hassle.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 04:55 PM

Good luck Jazzi, we had ours valued a week last Friday with selling possibly being on the cards if my husbands job goes boobs up. We would be downsizing. Hoping we don't have to yet but time will tell.

Stressful times but I wish you loads of luck x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 04:55 PM

So the reasons for the sale are...

1. My dog needs a garden, so I don't have to keep walking her.
2. I would dearly love a garden myself.
3. I want to be free of the restraints of owning a leasehold property. If I own my own house, I will be solely responsible for its upkeep and further sale.
4. The ghastly noisy drunken barstewards in the neighbouring social block.
5. Holly barking at the window or outside the French door at every passing dog.
6. Holly realising the foxes are about and getting fidgety and wanting to go out and see them.
7. Holly getting me out in the middle of the night for a toilet.
8. The church opposite and the noise from the drummers, the singing, the congregation milling about outside in the street, being incredibly noisy and disruptive.
9. A move away from the allotment and all the politics and nastiness. I will grow vegetables in my own garden, thank you very much.
10. My town is fast becoming a concrete jungle and I hate seeing all the blocks going up and the car parks being taken over for housing.
11. I shan't miss anybody else here.
12. I want to live where my sister is now living, in Suffolk, and enjoy what she is enjoying!!
Good Luck Jazzi
Suffolk is lovely
It will be a new start for you .
BTW you can read the DM online for free.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the latest good wishes.

Re Holly, I don't know either! But sometimes when walking her late at night to do a poop I am physically exhausted! So I know this can't go on.

Good luck also LQ. I hope neither of us have delays or horror stories to relate.

Thanks Muddy. Yes I sometimes read the Mail online. I love Suffolk and can't wait to move there.

Just completed aaaaaaaaaallllll the paperwork for the solicitors, and gathered together other documents needed, and ID, and just waiting to hear back about an appt to go in with them.

Not heard from the HA yet.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 06:59 PM

It is a buyers market at the moment houses arnt selling
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If I don’t try, then I’ll never know, will I?
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 07:26 PM

If I don’t try, then I’ll never know, will I?
And if you at first do not succeed then try again. Good luck in your selling and again in your search.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

They are round here! And pretty darn quick too.

And look at Twinks. She sold hers in just a day or so, so don't worry Jazzi.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top