Join for free
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:55 AM

Avira Software Updater

Outdated drivers pose a risk. The Avira Software Updater updates your drivers with one click - for free.
clickable link> Begin today <clickable link
Should I or shouldn't I?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 11:58 AM

Re: Avira Software Updater

I only use Apple Macs so cannot really advise other than this same criteria applies to anything I download – do I need it and is it from a reputable source, such as the supplier of the original program?

On checking myself with a search I found this link which does appear to be from Avira, although I would double-check that out too if that was me wondering about downloading:

https://www.avira.com/en/software-updater

How about checking this out on a computer user forum, there must be some I would have thought. Someone on here may give definite advise from their own experience though.

Good luck!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 12:40 PM

My advice,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Something that's very common with these antivirus packages is that they start off all fine (and often free) and then comes an update and once installed your PC grinds to a halt as the new software soaks up CPU usage.

If you're on Windows you could create a custom system restore point then try and update Avira and see if it's good or bad. If bad, restore back.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 03:43 PM

Thanks guys, yes I've decided I don't need it. So I've closed it.

It was a pop up from the system tray (if they still call it that), just like the pop ups I get about the Avira paid-for version they want me to invest in.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top