Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 11:09 AM

Re: My trip to the NHS.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No we're not. Further apart than ever. The NHS is a dead duck and needs, NEEDS note, to be restructured based on provision of health care by the private sector.

Nationalised anything is always wrong.
Too true,

Can anyone point to an operation,when owned and run on taxpayers' money, which has been a success?

NHS, The Gas Board, The Electricity Board, The Railways, Schools, Coal Mines?

Between them they had more staff than many of the private companies put together.

Run for the staff, not for the public!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 11:11 AM

I wish the railroads were nationalised then we might be able to afford to travel on them .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wish the railroads were nationalised then we might be able to afford them .
Have to agree with some of that (partly) as free rail transport for passengers would cut the use of Car driving and diesel pollution massively.

Cheaper (Rail) Goods transport would get lots of the smelly lorries off the road.

Trouble is, the Fuel Tax goes towards the Government spending..

But reduce the need for expensive roads/motorways and a balance becomes visible.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top