Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 05:18 PM

Re: The job search begins here

Originally Posted by summer ->
Great news Mr Floyd....pleased for you
Originally Posted by carol ->
It sounds very promising .. fingers crossed for you Floydy.
Thanks both
It's strange how it's all up in the air again because of this new opening. All the job searching I have been doing is suddenly pointless because I'll probably now be staying at my company.
Moving elsewhere off nights and to a different area will be such a brand new start for me, hopefully with some new challenges and new people to work with.
I'm really looking forward to finding out what my boss comes up with.
Plus in the meantime I don't need to worry about starting again with a lower wage elsewhere as my details will of course be transferred to my new role, albeit without the night pay. Then again, before I start the new venture I'll have paid off all my previous debts so it won't matter.

I have worked out what I need from my forthcoming pension pot to clear the loans etc and posted my form back to them, still keeping a healthy amount in the pot for eventual retirement.

Finally after 20 years of us both scrimping, being fed up and having to be extremely careful with our money there will be enough to live a normal, decent married life without having to watch the pennies all the time, something which has always evaded us. It's been a long, hard road but we're turning the corner at last
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks both
It's strange how it's all up in the air again because of this new opening. All the job searching I have been doing is suddenly pointless because I'll probably now be staying at my company.
Moving elsewhere off nights and to a different area will be such a brand new start for me, hopefully with some new challenges and new people to work with.
I'm really looking forward to finding out what my boss comes up with.
Plus in the meantime I don't need to worry about starting again with a lower wage elsewhere as my details will of course be transferred to my new role, albeit without the night pay. Then again, before I start the new venture I'll have paid off all my previous debts so it won't matter.

I have worked out what I need from my forthcoming pension pot to clear the loans etc and posted my form back to them, still keeping a healthy amount in the pot for eventual retirement.

Finally after 20 years of us both scrimping, being fed up and having to be extremely careful with our money there will be enough to live a normal, decent married life without having to watch the pennies all the time, something which has always evaded us. It's been a long, hard road but we're turning the corner at last
That's brilliant news Floydy, so pleased for you. I know the struggles, stresses and strains of working permanent nights. Just hope it all works out well, you deserve it. Your determination to sort out your finances and get off nights has to be admired.

There is now a brighter light at the end of that tunnel!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That's brilliant news Floydy, so pleased for you. I know the struggles, stresses and strains of working permanent nights. Just hope it all works out well, you deserve it. Your determination to sort out your finances and get off nights has to be admired.

There is now a brighter light at the end of that tunnel!
Thank you Baz. It's just waiting around for a while now, but there's no pressure. I'm just enjoying looking towards the future now
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 09:27 AM

Thank you Baz. It's just waiting around for a while now, but there's no pressure. I'm just enjoying looking towards the future now
Feeling that way will also possibly make the time go quicker so it will not be dragging for you.
Good luck, keep positive!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-08-2019, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Feeling that way will also possibly make the time go quicker so it will not be dragging for you.
Good luck, keep positive!
The next step is October mate when I get my pension to clear my debts. I have told them what I need and then I'll be in a better position to work out future outgoings per month.
Obviously I will be looking at what my salary is likely to be too when I leave nights in a few months time, but if I see it as losing the night pay and just working out what the day shift wage is then I have a good idea. Twenty years of living frugally will be done with, and my wife will be happier too. I won't be wealthy of course but to me settling these debts is fantastic and at least we will be able to eat out in a restaurant for a change and go to the cinema.
But the main thing leaving nights is I will get my life back. I will see mornings. I will see evenings. I will sleep at the right time! It's an awesome thought!
I'm just itching for September to get out of the way at the moment lol!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:29 PM

The next step is October mate when I get my pension to clear my debts. I have told them what I need and then I'll be in a better position to work out future outgoings per month.
Obviously I will be looking at what my salary is likely to be too when I leave nights in a few months time, but if I see it as losing the night pay and just working out what the day shift wage is then I have a good idea. Twenty years of living frugally will be done with, and my wife will be happier too. I won't be wealthy of course but to me settling these debts is fantastic and at least we will be able to eat out in a restaurant for a change and go to the cinema.
But the main thing leaving nights is I will get my life back. I will see mornings. I will see evenings. I will sleep at the right time! It's an awesome thought!
Well done in making the change a lot of people talk the talk (moan the moan) but do not walk the walk - you need to go halfway to make dreams come true. Its great living after you have been night shifting. Best of Luck
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 04:10 PM

I was 57 when I changed careers . I was worried but did it and it was the best job ever

Good luck
Baz46

20-08-2019, 05:25 PM

– Snip –

You'll get there, the light at the end of that tunnel is already so much bigger and brighter.
Keep positive!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Good luck with it all Floydy
You'll get there
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-08-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Good luck with it all Floydy
You'll get there
Thanks Rhian

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top