Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:27 AM

Re: People watching gross

Originally Posted by Azure ->
They should open a Restaurant called 'Greedy Guts'
It will be full in no time.

That would be bad business, only being able to accommodate a dozen or so folks at a time.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Gutsofarians more like !

I like it!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:50 AM

We have the same here Muddy . A beautiful place on the lake surrounded by swans . The staff are so humble and generous. I took my 14 year old granddaughter and suggested just small amounts and we could try so much more . When sated granddaughter said she liked that idea as she was full but not overloaded .

I agree it's about the clothing thing it's as though there is no self respect anymore . Lunch times are definitely the best time
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This also could be called Gross people watching
Last night we took the grandchildren out to a Chinese buffet place.

I have been before at lunch time with a friend and the food is good the staff an international bunch hailing from Thailand Nepal and even Romania ( but not china they are all doctors no doubt ) delightful .
But OMG their evening cliental was a different kettle of fish .
Poor Mr M was literally struck dumb by the horror of it all.
Having made the children change into respectable clothles before setting forth I clearly needn't have bothered .
Rarely have I seen such a scruffy motley crew as were assembled there .
It was Chavdom in all its worse forms.
Everyone looked terrible apart from another older couple ,us and the staff .
Our neighbours ( fortunately separated by an empty table )were a youngish family the father /boyfriend /brother was wearing a scruffy track suit bottoms half way down his buttocks giving the uninterested a generous view of his Tesco checked boxers.
He and several other men were sporting baseball caps a fashion item that surely should never have made it off the baseball field in the first place .Much less do they have a place indoors especially at the dinner table.
The spooky twosome on our right crouched twisted on their chairs as if they were about to run off. What is this inability of people to sit properly at a table .?
He was a blue armed tatoo aficionado she looked like an emaiciated member of the Munster family with dead white makeup and light peroxide blond locks .
Despite this they put away food in vast quantities maybe it's their one meal of the week?
However the true horror story was the incredible amount of morbidly obese people there in fact at least 75 % I would think .They waddled in vast tee shirts and leggings to and fro with super laden plates .
Guaranteed to totally kill your appetite .
Surely some people are overweight because they do in fact eat too much ?
Entire families of them .
These were young people who will clearly not make old bones .
Actually it amazes me how do they find mates in the first place ?
One family must have weighted in at less 90 stone the four of them maybe more.
Meanwhile the trim neat little waiters and waitresss scurried hither and thither what ever do they make of us ?
Huge scruffy gluttons ?
Now we weren't staring deliberately but where we were sitting everyone passed by in full view .
I don't think Mr M will get over this his sensibilities have taken a shock .
He looked at his fellow diners with the wonder but not amusement that one usually reserves for the monkey house house at the zoo.
The human race is all its unlovliness .
If we could only see each other as others see us .

Yes maybe we would be seen as stuck up snobs ( we are not) but yuk will never go there again of an evening .
So seriously, what on earth would you expect going to one of those places?

A Chinese joint that amounts to what the Frogs call a "Self" combined with a "buffet' à volonté" they ain't!

They are TROUGHS!

Of course they attract ordinary folk just going out for a nosh. It's their target clientele. Personally I wouldn't go near one, certainly not in hot weather and under no circumstances during the day when it's going to be warmed up unsold stuff from the previous night.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 09:11 AM

My son once took us to a carvery in a pub, there was a long queue of mostly vastly overweigh people waiting to fill their plates. It was self-service with people returning many times to fill their plates.

The food was pretty awful overcooked and cold, I couldn't get out quick enough.... never again.

Some people are so greedy.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
In this bit of Oz the oldies are the fittest.
Lots of really obese youngsters waddling about.
LOts of really obese "oldies" as well. Be fair mate.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 10:29 AM

I don’t like those Chinese Buffet places as some are so cheap that you wonder what the quality of the food is.
When l have been to them, I have seem people filling cartons and putting them in their bags.
Many people don’t seem to dress for dinner any more and wander in, in their shorts and flip flops. Maybe, l am just old-fash?

I have noticed in most restaurants these days that many people cannot even hold a knife and fork properly. When they hold their knife like a pen, l wince...so common!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t like those Chinese Buffet places as some are so cheap that you wonder what the quality of the food is.
When l have been to them, I have seem people filling cartons and putting them in their bags.
Many people don’t seem to dress for dinner any more and wander in, in their shorts and flip flops. Maybe, l am just old-fash?

I have noticed in most restaurants these days that many people cannot even hold a knife and fork properly. When they hold their knife like a pen, l wince...so common!
I’ve never been attracted to those restaurants .
Art a lot of people just “fork “ their food. Were they never taught how to use their cutlery?

Re people not dressing for dinner I heard at the best hotel in Benidorm a man turned up for the Christmas Gala dinner in a football shirt .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I’ve never been attracted to those restaurants .
Art a lot of people just “fork “ their food. Were they never taught how to use their cutlery?

Re people not dressing for dinner I heard at the best hotel in Benidorm a man turned up for the Christmas Gala dinner in a football shirt .
Zuleika, Some hold their knife and fork the opposite way and use their hands like fists to hold them. It’s hard to describe as it all looks back to front and a bit gammy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 11:00 AM

Great post Muddy and one I fully agree with. We eat out quite often, at lunchtime mostly in Garden Centres where the food is to a high standard and the clientele are mainly as old as us and so dress appropriately....(usually!)

The evenings are spent in carefully selected carvery's or our favourite Fish Restaurant. Obese people with ill fitting or badly selected clothes frequent the carvery's and waddle by, balancing overfilled plates containing very little 'green stuff' back to a table endowed with the customary glasses of coca cola and beer.

My plate usually resembles a work of art containing a little bit of everything neatly arranged and colour coded, with a nice mug of steaming Yorkshire tea to wash it all down with.....

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top