Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 02:43 AM

Re: Tolerating Intolerance

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I've already given you a serve on the "Ideation" thread Joe. .
Hey Keith. its my serve. We are playing tennis aren't we?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
Hey Keith. its my serve. We are playing tennis aren't we?
Surprisingly enough that wasn't about you mate. it was about the young people of our country. To me they are a total joy. I feel pretty good myself but us old codgers have had our day I think. I see you play the guitar. So do I. Resonator slide. I also have a strat with a Marshall valvestate 100. So I'd probably prefer a jam to tennis. Too boring.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:19 AM

That thread got deleted. Mate you don't have to leave. YOu haven't upset me. Can't speak for anybody else. Just chill for a while. Pick up that axe and play some licks.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Surprisingly enough that wasn't about you mate. it was about the young people of our country. To me they are a total joy. I feel pretty good myself but us old codgers have had our day I think. I see you play the guitar. So do I. Resonator slide. I also have a strat with a Marshall valvestate 100. So I'd probably prefer a jam to tennis. Too boring.
Im trying to play Nik Kershaws Wouldnt it be Good at the moment. It has an awesome instrumental part. sounds better on keyboard though. i play fingerstyle guitar. my singing is worse than bob dylan.
precious
Brisbane Australia

15-08-2019, 03:32 AM

wish i could love the young generation but i dont. I stiill feel comfortable with the likes of tony abbott. yeah i know he was a hopeless PM but for some reason i like the guy.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 04:05 AM

I've read this through twice now and I still don't know what it's about! Now before someone accuses me of having a tiny brain I have to call upon my naval officer dad's idiom . "If an instruction is not understood, it is ALWAYS the fault of the giver of the instruction."
precious
Brisbane Australia

15-08-2019, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I've read this through twice now and I still don't know what it's about! Now before someone accuses me of having a tiny brain I have to call upon my naval officer dad's idiom . "If an instruction is not understood, it is ALWAYS the fault of the giver of the instruction."
Ok so you often complain about others. You especially complain about how dumb others are. "That stupid *****" for example.
My reaction can be " you are the idiot who is complaining all the time"
Or
I can take a more compassionate approach. Maybe you had a tough childhood. maybe you have your reasons anyway. I can gently challenge you " Ciderman. Do you think that is really fair to say that?"
Have I made myself queer?
keezoy
Australia

15-08-2019, 04:24 AM

Tolerance is the theme Ciderman. I think. Along with guitar playing, brain size and wordplay. I can dig it. Dolphins have bigger brains than humans. But are they smarter?..who knows and who cares. I can play "Hideaway" by Freddie King/ Eric Clapton/ John Mayall note for bleedin note!..With the correct overdrive settings. Tolerate that!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 04:47 AM

I've lived here for 13 years and don't find Aussies have a chip on their shoulder at all.They are much more easy going than anyone in the UK and the youngsters are usually very friendly.Even to us old codgers.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
Ok so you often complain about others. You especially complain about how dumb others are. "That stupid *****" for example.
My reaction can be " you are the idiot who is complaining all the time"
Or
Who have I complained about??? There's a mention of 'deleted' posts. Did I miss something?
No I don't find Aussies or Brits have a chip on their shoulder. Everywhere has it's quota of idiots, both young and old, male and female.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top