Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:00 AM

Re: What motivates you these days?

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
My son motivates me. He's only 23 but he is an "old soul". Wise beyond his years. He has the kind of intellect that makes you feel hungry to learn more rather than making you feel inadequate. I cannot describe the intensity of the love I have for him. He motivates and inspires me. He is my hero.
thats a nice post keith. believe it or not im christian. you are loving Him like God loves all of us.
Indy
New Member!
US
Indy is male 

15-08-2019, 02:06 AM

I challenge myself every day to do something new and different.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
thats a nice post keith. believe it or not im christian. you are loving Him like God loves all of us.
Thank you. I'm glad you have your faith. I don't believe in any transcendent deity myself. I guess I am an agnostic. But Jesus Christ - the man - He is THE man for mine. They don't come any better IMO
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Thank you. I'm glad you have your faith. I don't believe in any transcendent deity myself. I guess I am an agnostic. But Jesus Christ - the man - He is THE man for mine. They don't come any better IMO
you might like to forgive me for that thread keith. these things take time i know. i do have a kind of mental illness myself which forced me out of teaching. my career and thus earning capacity plummeted. im cleaning schools now instead of teaching in them. its a major blow to the ego but at least ive got a job.
writers who influenced me to Christianity
Chesterton
C s lewis
Dostoyevsky.
Dostoyevsky said in so many words " if there is no God then life IS meaningless. No accountability. We can do whatever we like. No judgement day no problem. "
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
you might like to forgive me for that thread keith. these things take time i know. i do have a kind of mental illness myself which forced me out of teaching. my career and thus earning capacity plummeted. im cleaning schools now instead of teaching in them. its a major blow to the ego but at least ive got a job.
writers who influenced me to Christianity
Chesterton
C s lewis
Dostoyevsky.
Dostoyevsky said in so many words " if there is no God then life IS meaningless. No accountability. We can do whatever we like. No judgement day no problem. "
Nothing to forgive bro. It's all good. Being yourself involves taking risks. Having a mental illness can be a hard road to walk. I don't envy you. So faith can be a very powerful ally. Mind how you go my friend.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 04:54 AM

I'm getting motivated by the wanton destruction of the flora and fauna around here.Melbourne has decided that it has to grow towards us and the Victorian government has relaxed building restrictions.The amount of bush and gum trees that have disappeared in the last few years is frightening.So I(and my BH) have become active eco -warriers.
keezoy
Australia

15-08-2019, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I'm getting motivated by the wanton destruction of the flora and fauna around here.Melbourne has decided that it has to grow towards us and the Victorian government has relaxed building restrictions.The amount of bush and gum trees that have disappeared in the last few years is frightening.So I(and my BH) have become active eco -warriers.
Yes I hadn't been to Melbourne for years until August 2018. When I was there years ago, the gorgeous old architecture dominated and it was just such a great city. Now it's like Chicago. I couldn't believe it. The city was such a mass of skyscrapers. More than in London or LA. It felt bigger than Sydney and probably will be in a few years. If I lived in Melbourne I would be motivated to pushing for more open spaces in the middle of the city.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 05:05 AM

There are so few old buildings in Australia.I've been shocked by how readily they get knocked down.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:12 AM

Waiting to see if Brexit actually happens.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:31 AM

Nothing I am seriously unmotivated .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top