Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Re: Good morning Thursday

Good Morning everyone....

Breezy and cool this morning but very humid...
No wind early on though when I turned out for my early morning run, I took it nice and steady and it turned out to be a very comfortable and enjoyable outing.

Those nice people at microsoft and Hewlett Packard really screwed up my computer first thing with their incessant updates, so I'll have a rummage round in the bowels of this laptop and see if I can distance myself from the constant interference. If you don't hear from me for a while you'll know that it didn't go well.....

Hope your son-in-law has a successful operation and a speedy recovery Mags..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:29 PM

Afternoon all.
Cool and windy here in the Land of Cod.

My stepdaughter's 39th birthday today following my granddaughter's 9th yesterday. The whole family (except me) are in a caravan in Skegness this week. Due back tomorrow.

I have a meeting at work this afternoon with the big boss which I've requested to talk about career moves.

Best wishes and good luck to your daughter and son-in-law Mags

Have a nice day all.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good morning all a lovely sunny day here.

I had an early morning call from our daughter this morning to say the hospital phoned her earlier to say they want our son-in-law to come in tomorrow for his Pre-Op Assessment then they want him in at 7:00am on Monday morning for his op to remove the benign tumour which is pressing on his brain. The op will take 8-9 hours. This has all happened 2 weeks after he was diagnosed. Stressful for our daughter who is still recovering from her own op 5 weeks ago 🙁

Taking our daughter food shopping this morning so she can stock up as she will be going to the hospital every day for a while.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I hope all goes well for you daughter & son-in-law Mags.
Do you know what alerted him to this problem? I ask because my sister has had pain in her ear for months, and they can't find what is causing it! She has had an MRI scan & goes for the results on the 27th Aug... but I am concerned that it may be a similar problem to your SIL's!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:45 PM

Thank you everyone for your best wishes to my daughter and SIL.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 02:05 PM

Hope everything goes well for your Son-In-Law Mags, it must be a big worry for your Daughter.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hope all goes well for you daughter & son-in-law Mags.
Do you know what alerted him to this problem? I ask because my sister has had pain in her ear for months, and they can't find what is causing it! She has had an MRI scan & goes for the results on the 27th Aug... but I am concerned that it may be a similar problem to your SIL's!
Thank you Twink

Over the past few months my SIL has been having difficulty with his hearing in his right ear and it has gradually been getting worse. He went to his doctor thinking it was sinus trouble but he said his sinuses were clear. The doctor then referred him to the ENT hospital who checked out his ear and told him he would need an MRI scan of his head. By the time he had the MRI he had lost all hearing in his rt ear. He's had no pain in the ear at all. When he had the results two weeks ago, the right side of his face was numb and affecting his eyes, tiredness and headaches and he had difficulty with his balance.

They found a benign tumour at the junction between the ear and the brain. It's called Acoustic Neuroma. He was sent for a CAT scan and as the tumour had grown since the MRI he was put on the emergency list for an op.

As he had no pain in his ear Twink, I don't think your sister's problem can be the same, thank goodness. I hope she finds out what is causing her pain and it can be treated easily.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thank you Twink

Over the past few months my SIL has been having difficulty with his hearing in his right ear and it has gradually been getting worse. He went to his doctor thinking it was sinus trouble but he said his sinuses were clear. The doctor then referred him to the ENT hospital who checked out his ear and told him he would need an MRI scan of his head. By the time he had the MRI he had lost all hearing in his rt ear. He's had no pain in the ear at all. When he had the results two weeks ago, the right side of his face was numb and affecting his eyes, tiredness and headaches and he had difficulty with his balance.

They found a benign tumour at the junction between the ear and the brain. It's called Acoustic Neuroma. He was sent for a CAT scan and as the tumour had grown since the MRI he was put on the emergency list for an op.

As he had no pain in his ear Twink, I don't think your sister's problem can be the same, thank goodness. I hope she finds out what is causing her pain and it can be treated easily.
Thanks Mags! Please let us know when you SIL is through his operation ......I am hoping for a good outcome but suspect the first week, or so, he may be uncomfortable.
My sister's consultant let me watch the screen when they put a camera up her nose...looking for tumours but there was nothing, so the MRI scan was just to make sure.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top