Join for free
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:23 PM

Angry Birds.

I play Angry Birds on FB, but I'm getting a message on the home page on my PC to say that Flash player is being stopped in December 2020 & will no longer work. Flash player is what I use to play Angry Birds on FB & probably elsewhere too. What I want to know is, is there anything else that will take over from Flash player so I can still play games or will that be it?
I have tried asking FB & the Angry Birds ap too but no luck with a reply.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 07:42 AM

Re: Angry Birds.

Since the W 10 update I can't get Flash to work so I play the other Angry Birds game, I think its Friends or something, not as good though, you play other "people" and don't go through levels.
I'm hoping they sort it out.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:09 AM

Maybe the game and other content that uses Flash will eventually be converted HTML5. Also, when searching for 'Angry Birds' on the Internet, there looks to be quite a number of places that offer the game. Perhaps not all will require Flash Player.

I installed an Angry Birds game from the Microsoft Store ages ago and paid about £3 for it (I think). It fills the entire screen and is pretty good.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:30 AM

Thank you for your answers. Angry Birds Friends on FB is free.
I think I have other aps that use Flash as well.
Guess I'll have to wait & see what happens.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:25 AM

Information here:-

https://www.bloopanimation.com/is-fl...-discontinued/

and for games:-

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/flas...-play-forever/
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

22-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Thanks Silver Tabby, will look into those.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Janet Street-Porter - but she is more of an old bird now.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top