Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:14 PM

Re: Do you get along with your siblings?

I have an elder sister. A Mrs Bucket in real life. I can just about take two days of her.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I have an elder sister, we used to be quite close when i was younger, but we grew apart, even more so when she accused me of trying to cheat her on an inheritance
This sounds like your situation is along similar lines to some problems I had in recent years.
My sister and I were at loggerheads whilst my mum was in a care home and her house was empty. Not a pleasant experience but it all got sorted out in the end.

Anyway, we met again today and had lots to talk about. We're okay these days
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:23 PM

I lost my younger sister when she was 7yrs and I was 12yrs.

Had a very up and down relationship with my older brother. As children we fought like cat and dog a lot of the time then, when I was 9yrs old he left home to join the RN. When he served is time, left, married and had a family things were better between us for a while. Then he joined the Military Police - became a bigot and racist - and we fell out again - big time!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:24 PM

I've got 2 sisters and one brother.

I have no contact with any of them except my eldest sister (I'm the youngest) who came to visit me in hospital. We chat now and then on the phone.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:27 PM

I have one Sister.

When we were kids it was ok, but she has always been the Bossy one, she has bossed me about all my life, I was always the quite one. There are six years between us, she is the eldest. My Sister has always told everyone how to live their lives. My Sister got married at the age of 19 which was lovely.

Over the years after my Dad died and my Mum was on her own, my Sister always did Christmas Day at her House, but my Husband and I always had to pick my Mum up and take her there and bring her back home again.

When my Mum started having Dementia and had Carers come to her flat, my Sister made me go and visit my Mum twice a week, which took me about 1.5 hrs to get there, a bus, train, another train and a bus, if I couldn't make it one day my Sister would go mad and start shouting and swearing at me, bearing in mind my Sister lived just 5 mins. away from my Mum. Then my Mum went into a Care Home and one day the Care Home phoned me up saying that Mum had a chest infection but couldn't get hold of my Sister, it was 2am in the morning and I said I will visit tomorrow morning, of course my Sister went mad at me for not getting out of bed and going down to the Home, she was swearing so much the sky turned blue, then her Husband came on the phone and was swearing even more, so my Husband got on the phone just to calm them down, then this happened, my BIl called my Husband a W......r and said he always has been and that he is going to come round and smash his face in, well that did it, I have not spoken to my Sister for one year now and I don't want to either, she even sent me nasty emails.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:40 PM

I have two brothers .
We are not close being completely unalike.
But we are not distant either .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:41 PM

Oh Susie - that is so sad - but I can understand why you severed contact.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I have one Sister.

When we were kids it was ok, but she has always been the Bossy one, she has bossed me about all my life, I was always the quite one. There are six years between us, she is the eldest. My Sister has always told everyone how to live their lives. My Sister got married at the age of 19 which was lovely.

Over the years after my Dad died and my Mum was on her own, my Sister always did Christmas Day at her House, but my Husband and I always had to pick my Mum up and take her there and bring her back home again.

When my Mum started having Dementia and had Carers come to her flat, my Sister made me go and visit my Mum twice a week, which took me about 1.5 hrs to get there, a bus, train, another train and a bus, if I couldn't make it one day my Sister would go mad and start shouting and swearing at me, bearing in mind my Sister lived just 5 mins. away from my Mum. Then my Mum went into a Care Home and one day the Care Home phoned me up saying that Mum had a chest infection but couldn't get hold of my Sister, it was 2am in the morning and I said I will visit tomorrow morning, of course my Sister went mad at me for not getting out of bed and going down to the Home, she was swearing so much the sky turned blue, then her Husband came on the phone and was swearing even more, so my Husband got on the phone just to calm them down, then this happened, my BIl called my Husband a W......r and said he always has been and that he is going to come round and smash his face in, well that did it, I have not spoken to my Sister for one year now and I don't want to either, she even sent me nasty emails.
No offence, but your sister sounds like a nasty piece of work. I dislike controlling people.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:47 PM

I have one brother four years younger

We very rarely see each other

Which is nice

My wife has younger sister and a brother

Her and her sister live just about far enough apart she's in Tasmania no love lost there
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 06:07 PM

I was adopted and brought up as an only child.

In later life I traced my natural family & discovered 2 half sisters and a half brother.

They live up in North Yorkshire so it's not exactly round the corner. I've met them a few times and they're very nice. The brother in particular I liked. However there's not really a bond there..

Susie ((((Big hugs)))) for you. x

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top