Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 07:21 PM

Re: Opining an opinion

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You can have all the opinions you want but realistically who takes any notice, or even remembers them?
They are yesterday’s news, down the forum page and usually forgotten!

None of us can change anything in the world..
Exactly, Artangel.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I think you are right, it’s not a nice quality, sometimes we can overwhelm others, with our opinions.....usually because we keep voicing and won’t let it go....that spoke to me Susan, thank you.
It's all a big learning curve isnt it Pauline I learn a lot from listening and observing 💕
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 10:26 PM

I don't mind if my opinion is challenged - after all, that's what makes for good discussion. What I really object to is if I am attacked for holding that opinion. You can call my opinion stupid, but don't you dare call me stupid.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 12:15 AM

Personally, I have no objections to someone challenging my opinion, providing that the argument is both rational and evidence based.

Having read many threads on here and indeed on occasion challenging others, I have altered my own opinion on more than one occasion.

One example of this has been through reading TAT's insights on the situation in Israel, ably supported by Muddy. This led to some more confirmatory research on my part, and I am much the wiser for it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:48 AM

I used to hate my opinions being challenged but I’ve since come to realize that everyone else’s opinion is as important as mine and to think otherwise is somewhat selfish. I can be very stubborn with my opinions which can come across as self righteous. Now I am more accepting of others’ opinions ( even if they are wrong ) 1/2 kidding.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:40 AM

Susan ,has made a very valid point imo.

Being opinionated, which I believe quite a few of us are.

As in the Harry case, I can only look at that from a psychological view point, as of to why he is coming out with so much stuff about the RF, because it’s been locked inside of him, he has found that freedom, so is blurting it all out,

Another my belief, never discuss it now, because I am unable to discuss, it’s in stone and will never ever budge....it’s rooted to my core.

I have had a few members ,who have helped me see things differently,Susan, Meg, Mags....But they have a great gift of how to approach ....they don’t come in with all guns blazing......

They are the only 3 I really listen to in honesty.....as in “ take on board” what is being said.

Edit to add...in the gardening/ home section on the forum, I listen to everyone’s knowledge, especially gardening.....I love it!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I don't mind if my opinion is challenged - after all, that's what makes for good discussion. What I really object to is if I am attacked for holding that opinion. You can call my opinion stupid, but don't you dare call me stupid.
Exactly, Some people just look for things to jump on and then they turn to personal insults. There are/were several like that I've have had the displeasure of dealing with. I refuse to play their game anymore and end up blocking them for some peace n quiet. Something I hate doing BTW.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Exactly, Some people just look for things to jump on and then they turn to personal insults. There are/were several like that I've have had the displeasure of dealing with. I refuse to play their game anymore and end up blocking them for some peace n quiet. Something I hate doing BTW.

I never use the ignore facility Rox...I try and exert self control....it don’t always work though...😂🤣
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:10 AM

Sometimes I say IMO because I don't wish to upset other posters, even if I think their opinion is wrong. I also don't believe that ANY discussion can change someone's mind about a subject unless they want it changed. Another reason for adding IMO is that there is always someone who will come back with some 'facts' they found on Google and they know best.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

12-06-2021, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sometimes I say IMO because I don't wish to upset other posters, even if I think their opinion is wrong. I also don't believe that ANY discussion can change someone's mind about a subject unless they want it changed. Another reason for adding IMO is that there is always someone who will come back with some 'facts' they found on Google and they know best.
Some OP s that are opened, facts can’t prove anything....as in what comes out of Harry’s mouth......it’s a fact he has a lot to say, but none of us really know why he’s saying it...we can only assume.....we aren’t him..... he’s definitely on a journey, which I believe is fascinating to him...he will probably make many mistakes on it, but ,at least now, he is free to make “ His Own Mistakes”......his mouth piece has been removed.....by himself...which must have taken “ great courage “....imo of course.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top