Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

05-08-2012, 05:02 PM

Re: Limbo

I think we were all a bit in limbo at that time kitty..........and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 10:54 AM

There's a town to the East of Brighton (Telscombe & Peacehaven) to which I refer to as Geriatrica-on-sea or God's waiting room. There is very little there but houses, flats and bungalows and was merely a dormitory area for industries in and around Brighton. As the population has aged and retired, large numbers of elderly people now live there - hence the diminutive name and it could be said that a great many people living there are living in limbo - following retirement, and waiting to be harvested.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 11:02 AM

Funny ... I've never ever thought of any particular age as been the sole domain of ... a limbo existence.

To me it's any period in your life when you have no direction ... no clear goal ... no path to follow. Either a situation you're in or your own outlook on life (perhaps depression etc) ...

Some of the most interesting and busy people are retired. It's like they've found themselves and are often more galvanized than say, a school leaver.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 11:59 AM

To me it's any period in your life when you have no direction ... no clear goal ... no path to follow. Either a situation you're in or your own outlook on life (perhaps depression etc) [[quote]]...

I'm in limbo now, never been there before, always able to make a decision, but at the moment I can't, it's not black and white, there is no obvious right or wrong way to go.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2012, 01:18 PM

Yup .. that sounds like limbo.

And grappling with the beast can do your head in.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
I'm in limbo now, never been there before, always able to make a decision, but at the moment I can't, it's not black and white, there is no obvious right or wrong way to go.
Personally if I find myself in a situation where there is a choice and no obvious way then I toss a coin. That seems to be as good as any other way of making a decision, lets face it anything is better than procrastinating.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2012, 07:31 AM

I am have never been still long enough to feel in limbo, life is not long enough for me to fit in everything that I want to do.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

07-08-2012, 10:18 AM

Now there's a man with a positive attitude.........nice one antibrown.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2012, 11:12 AM

I was like that not long ago but circumstances change.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2012, 11:39 AM

I'm not really sure what is actually meant by "being in limbo". Is it just the "same old, same old" or those depressing days or times in your life?
Some circumstances we have no control over, i.e waiting for babies to be born, not having the funds to do as we wish etc, or perhaps just not having the courage to take a leap into the beyond. Everyone is different and every circumstance and how it affects people is different.

I guess my "limbo" times where when we lived in Kenya and I couldn't wait to leave, yet each time I left for a few weeks I couldn't wait to get back. Maybe I'm just contrary !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top