Join for free
Page 5 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 11:20 AM

Re: Mod Nominations!

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Azz asked that you don't name people who you would like to be a mod on this thread.
Thanks, but I don't need your tuppence worth.........
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 12:54 PM

Maybe we should have a Mods v Rockers party down 'ere.

BTW - the rockers here tend to have three-wheelers these days!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Maybe we should have a Mods v Rockers party down 'ere.

BTW - the rockers here tend to have three-wheelers these days!
Like it !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 01:27 PM

Confucius said “Being a moderator is a good honest position, for isn’t it noble to be able to conduct those, without the use of a whip, who cannot conduct themselves”

He had his own forum I believe, but he had to shut it down as nobody else could get a word in edgeways.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Confucius said “Being a moderator is a good honest position, for isn’t it noble to be able to conduct those, without the use of a whip, who cannot conduct themselves”

He had his own forum I believe, but he had to shut it down as nobody else could get a word in edgeways.
Yes and he always starts his sentence the same way - a bit annoying - glad he learnt to use a baton to conduct, a whip is so undignified ........
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
**Please do not discuss by name whether or not any member might have been banned
thank you
Apologies...I forgot my manners.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 07:19 PM

I can sort of see why you want nominations, Azz, but we all vary in our use of and frequency on, this forum. I think it would be hard for many of us to assess any individual member wrt being a mod, and I personally could not even try to work out who to nominate. I suspect even if I did find some to nominate, they would not want the job!
The present mods I assume are around more than most and may be best to suggest nominations as they presumably read more of everyone's posts and so may have a better idea.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 10:55 PM

Just a thought ...
Azz why don't you make a list of members who are interested in
wanting to be moderators ..
Then you,mags and meg decide ..
I find the three of you are opening minded and very fair on your judgement ...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 10:57 PM

Yep we will ...but, I am always interested in what you guys think too
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 12:30 PM

In my experience on other forums it is usual when selecting mods to either be selected by admin or ask for nominees to put themselves forward by a certain date and then have a 'question time' session where the nominees answer questions put to them by forum members as to why they feel that they would be suitable for the position of moderator.

After the nomitation period closing date is reached, then a 'vote' is cast for members to select the moderator of their choice.

Page 5 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top