Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:07 AM

Re: Animal Extinction and Climate Change

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Having lived in the southern forests of Africa for the last 17yrs
OGF I am in tune with Surfamums philosophy l think, and yours also
if l am not mistaken?
She has a greater command of data than myself allthough l know
the basics first hand!
Its nice to communisate with two such kindred spirits l think?
Especially when dispensed with humour! LOL!

Regards Donkeyman!
Preciate your response and understanding Donkeyman...And Yes! we do seem to sing from the same song sheet...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Preciate your response and understanding Donkeyman...And Yes! we do seem to sing from the same song sheet...
All together NOW, I AM A LUMBERJACK AND I DONT CARE!
I WORK ALL DAY AND-- -- -- ----
and so on, and so on!
Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ooops......
Yeah yeah yeah I realise my mistake

Whenever then Bob.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
On tree planting projects:

1. One tree removes about 26 pounds of carbon dioxide each year, the equivalent of 11,000 miles worth of annual vehicle emissions.

2. New York City trees that were part of an urban planting project remove 2,200 tons of air pollution each year, the impact of which saves the city about $10 million each year.

3. The shade and insulation of the city’s trees provide $27 million savings in heating and cooling costs.

4. The trees take up almost 900 million in stormwater, saving the city about $35 million annually.

5. NYC trees remove 42,000 tons of carbon from the air annually that would otherwise contribute to greenhouse warming.

6. Each tree planted in provides $6 in investment return per year above the cost of planting and maintenance.

7. Trees provide an 11 percent higher property value, draw more visitors to hotels and vacation properties, provide habitats for an otherwise barren ecosystem…

...and they add to everyone’s enjoyment and quality of life.

In the whole of the Earth, there really isn’t any family of species that provides more for in terms of resources, habitat, health, protection, microclimate moderation, a place to carve your love’s initials than trees, or a shady spot and drink your blackbird ale .
Great post !

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top