Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 10:01 AM

Sit bone pain.

I began to feel really uncomfortable sitting at my computer last night. The bones that I sit on really began to hurt & I ended up sitting on one side of my buttock!

Whatever has caused this - does anybody else suffer? I don't know what to do about it.

Not very happy that I can't sit in comfort.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 10:50 AM

Re: Sit bone pain.

I've had the same for a long time Carol .
Nothing to be done about it except leave off using the computer ,which I do when I've done the necessaries ,and sit comfortably with your laptop or iPad in an armchair .
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I began to feel really uncomfortable sitting at my computer last night. The bones that I sit on really began to hurt & I ended up sitting on one side of my buttock!

Whatever has caused this - does anybody else suffer? I don't know what to do about it.

Not very happy that I can't sit in comfort.
I am sorry I cant tell you what's wrong. But it might be an idea to get one of your family to run you up to your local Hospital save going to your GP and might be referred to the hospital anyway. I hope you get your answer soon
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 11:21 AM

I'm so sorry for your pain Carol, that must be distressing.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what it is but I found this if its of any help to you. I'd go to docs and get it checked out (hugs) xx

https://www.healthline.com/health/ischial-tuberosity
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 11:39 AM

Carol, I have been getting the same trouble lately - me 'bum bones' as I call them, hurt.

I was at my chiropractor's earlier this week and asked her about it and she said they are called the Ischia bones, and she showed me on a model skeleton she has.

I have since found this article which I found quite interesting, and there are some simple exercises to help too:

https://www.circlehealth.co.uk/msk/i...ing-bone-pain/
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Tailbone pain — pain that occurs in or around the bony structure at the bottom of the spine (coccyx) — can be caused by trauma to the coccyx during a fall, prolonged sitting on a hard or narrow surface, degenerative joint changes, or vaginal childbirth. ... Defecation and sex also might become painful.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tailbone-...s/faq-20058211
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Often problems like that are put down to incorrect posture at the computer. I've worked on computers for a living since about 1980, sitting there for up to 12 hours keyboarding, with the necessary breaks though. We were taught about correct posture and also about how to save our eyes from strain, by looking away from the screen every so often to exercise the eye muscles.

Hope you get the problem sorted out anyway Carol, nothing worse than being uncomfortable.

The website item below might be of help to you:

https://www.posturite.co.uk/help-adv...art-of-sitting

This one shows the strangest ever chair, it looks very uncomfortable but is reckoned to be the best:

https://www.officefurnitureonline.co...SABEgLpOfD_BwE
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Tailbone pain — pain that occurs in or around the bony structure at the bottom of the spine (coccyx) — can be caused by trauma to the coccyx during a fall, prolonged sitting on a hard or narrow surface, degenerative joint changes, or vaginal childbirth. ... Defecation and sex also might become painful.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tailbone-...s/faq-20058211

Speedy, coccyx pain is not the same thing as Carol is talking about.
I know what she means, it is the Ischia bones that hurt.
These are the two bones deep in each buttock.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Mups is correct. It's not the tail bone (coccyx).

It's my bum bones - the 2 bones that make direct contact with a seat whenever I sit down. It feels as though there's no fat there to cushion them but I know there is! (plenty)

Thanks everybody for all the links. I shall go through them all.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
womens bums will always be a mystery to men

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top