Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 04:10 PM

Re: Sit bone pain.

I get that type of pain in my upper arm if I spend too much time at the computer desk, takes several days to go away and I have to stay off the computer as well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Mups is correct. It's not the tail bone (coccyx).

It's my bum bones - the 2 bones that make direct contact with a seat whenever I sit down. It feels as though there's no fat there to cushion them but I know there is! (plenty)

Thanks everybody for all the links. I shall go through them all.

Does it sometimes make the backs of your thighs ache too, Carol? Mine do if it is particularly bad.

I'm going to try the three exercises in my link. They are quite simple and won't take up much time.
Worth a try anyway.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 07:53 PM

Hi Mups. No it doesn't affect the back of my thighs but I've only had it since yesterday so there's time for that yet.

I've been out most of the day so haven't had chance to look at the links yet but will do soon.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Does it sometimes make the backs of your thighs ache too, Carol? Mine do if it is particularly bad.

I'm going to try the three exercises in my link. They are quite simple and won't take up much time.
Worth a try anyway.
Affects the back of my thighs too sometimes Mups . I thought at first it was going to be sciatica . Stretching exercises help .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Affects the back of my thighs too sometimes Mups . I thought at first it was going to be sciatica . Stretching exercises help .

Ah, you too, Zuleika!

I find some days it's hardly there, then it comes back with a vengeance. Darn nuisance isn't it.

I agree about exercises, it does help.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 09:13 AM

Oh gosh I start to wiggle about if I have to sit too long .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, you too, Zuleika!

I find some days it's hardly there, then it comes back with a vengeance. Darn nuisance isn't it.

I agree about exercises, it does help.
Mine seemed to go for a few hours yesterday but then it was back last night.
I'm hoping maybe it will eventually go away altogether - I'm doing the exercises. Hopefully they're helping.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

12-12-2019, 10:16 AM

Pleased to say my sit bone pain has gone away.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:28 AM

F A N T A S T I C news Carol, I'm right pleased for you. No bum pain for Christmas, yaaaaaaaaaay.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-12-2019, 06:59 PM

I'm pleased for you, Carol.

Fingers crossed it stays away, too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top