Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 06:16 AM

Re: Exit Poll - A Labour Catastrophe

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You might have a very valid point there. By the end of 2020 there is a possibility of crashing out without a trade deal. An extension has to be agreed by july next year.
Boris has said he will not go for that, but the EU has announced they may request one.
Also, several EU leaders have been speaking about prioritising components of a trade deal, leaving e.g. services or fishing for later.
Brexit is not done for some years to come.
Hi

Spot on.

The bun fight is yet to start.

Each EU County will have it's own agenda, some export very little to us.

Personally, I think Boris will sell out fisheries for bigger gains.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on.

The bun fight is yet to start.

Each EU County will have it's own agenda, some export very little to us.

Personally, I think Boris will sell out fisheries for bigger gains.
Which is the correct thing to do, from a national perspective. Fisheries account for only a few percent of the british economy. It is outdated by technologies in other countries (yes, e.g. supertrawlers) and cannot compete internationally anymore.
A leader of the nation has to priorotise on where to spend the limited negotiation capabilities. Boris will need a backbone to do that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Which is the correct thing to do, from a national perspective. Fisheries account for only a few percent of the british economy. It is outdated by technologies in other countries (yes, e.g. supertrawlers) and cannot compete internationally anymore.
A leader of the nation has to priorotise on where to spend the limited negotiation capabilities. Boris will need a backbone to do that.
A lot of labour seats in coastal towns voted conservative last week. If anything, you will be allowed to fish out waters under licenses which will be extremely expensive for you and you may not get the number of days at sea you want, so be prepared for a big disappointment because quite frankly, the UK does not consider Holland, Denmark, France or Spain the priority when it comes to our fisheries industry or our fisheries policies.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
A lot of labour seats in coastal towns voted conservative last week. If anything, you will be allowed to fish out waters under licenses which will be extremely expensive for you and you may not get the number of days at sea you want, so be prepared for a big disappointment because quite frankly, the UK does not consider Holland, Denmark, France or Spain the priority when it comes to our fisheries industry or our fisheries policies.
Good news. We have waited long for a PM who is pro-British and will put our country before the EU.

There's more!

I have read a number of suggestions in the press that after we have left, other EU countries will see the advantages of leaving themselves. One of the latest is Portugal.

I am becoming increasing certain that the EU experiment has had its day. It will collapse, bit by bit, and those countries which decide to remain for a little longer will find themselves carrying all the debts.

So my advice to them is to get out early rather than hoping for better things inside the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good news. We have waited long for a PM who is pro-British and will put our country before the EU.

There's more!

I have read a number of suggestions in the press that after we have left, other EU countries will see the advantages of leaving themselves. One of the latest is Portugal.

I am becoming increasing certain that the EU experiment has had its day. It will collapse, bit by bit, and those countries which decide to remain for a little longer will find themselves carrying all the debts.

So my advice to them is to get out early rather than hoping for better things inside the EU.

I read the same, in particular France wanting to leave the EU. Even Macron admitted france would vote for EU independence which is why he refuses to give then a referendum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 02:25 PM

I read the same, in particular France wanting to leave the EU. Even Macron admitted france would vote for EU independence which is why he refuses to give then a referendum.
What, even the Frogs?
I had imagined that they are one of those who are in charge of the EU taking advantage of the rest of us. Part of their drive to take control of all Europe.

Anyway, it seems that many people in Europe would be happy to go back to how things were before the EEC became the EU. It makes perfect sense to me, but I know that there are many who are happy to keep the EU. Certainly the people in charge, of course.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

16-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What, even the Frogs?
I had imagined that they are one of those who are in charge of the EU taking advantage of the rest of us. Part of their drive to take control of all Europe.

Anyway, it seems that many people in Europe would be happy to go back to how things were before the EEC became the EU. It makes perfect sense to me, but I know that there are many who are happy to keep the EU. Certainly the people in charge, of course.
It doesn't matter what France does, it will always be dominated by Germany like all the 27 "regions" of it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-12-2019, 02:30 PM

It doesn't matter what France does, it will always be dominated by Germany like all the 27 "regions" of it.
I thought that France and Germany were big buddies, jointly conquering Europe!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 02:50 PM

How are the last few posts showing as being posted at 2.25pm when it's not even 2pm yet?

Is the forum server an hour out or is it people's PC's?

ETA:

scratch that the times have suddenly changed to proper time.

Bizarre.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
How are the last few posts showing as being posted at 2.25pm when it's not even 2pm yet?

Is the forum server an hour out or is it people's PC's?

ETA:

scratch that the times have suddenly changed to proper time.

Bizarre.
Is Azz exprimenting with time travel?
Donkeyman!

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top