Join for free
Page 17 of 20 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 04:10 PM

Re: Are you proud to be British?

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
It is popular in terms of circulation, in the same manner that the Sun and Mirror used to be extremely popular. However that in no way implies quality, it successfully attracts people for whom more serious publications are just too difficult to comprehend. Just a step up from a comic really..
You seem to have been hit in the head too often to understand the simple facts, Boxer Boy. Even a Guardian writer - a professor of journalism no less - had to admit that The Mail won more awards (for excellence) than ANY other newspaper. That is the main reason the Mail is Britain's most popular newspaper.

He also, pointed out that: Its 4.3 million daily readers include more from the top three social classes (A, B and C1) than the Times, Guardian, Independent (before it had to close down) and Financial Times combined.

Get it now, looney Lefties?
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 06:21 PM

I do not know how you lot have the energy to argue about politics, at the moment politicians on both sides are complete wankers, all they are interested in is their own careers and power, as for newspapers, they have had their day
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:21 PM

Sadly we do not present our Country in a good way,We tend to be arrogant,appear rude & indifferent to people.We are not encouraged to take pride in our Country& those not born here usually show allegiance to the Country of their birth ,rather than the one they now live in
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Wrong we are the worlds finest marchers.
You obviously have not seen many other countries military
What do you want the goose step !
Au contraire my dear, I have seen plenty, and whether they goose step, duck step. quick step or whatever I couldn't care less. I just find it ridiculous to claim that our soldiers are better at marching drill than other countries troops, when it is palpably obvious they are not.. The RAF Regiment is the only exception, they can perform to a very high standard.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:30 PM

I think I am proud to be human.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:58 PM

Au contraire my dear, I have seen plenty, and whether they goose step, duck step. quick step or whatever I couldn't care less. I just find it ridiculous to claim that our soldiers are better at marching drill than other countries troops, when it is palpably obvious they are not.. The RAF Regiment is the only exception, they can perform to a very high standard.
FYI, the RAF Regiment are merely part of the same Royal Air Force who spend their first 3-6 months in the services marching all day for hours on end. They complete basic training, as do the other Armed Forces with an unequalled top drawer standard ready for parade to match any other.
I know, I have been there and have done it.

Jeez man, you are so naive aren't you? Post after post, you rile us all deliberately with your unfounded and ignorant views on anything that takes your fancy. You were a boxer? Well mate, that explains your low level of intellect in a nutshell doesn't it lol!

About time you contributed with more of a pleasant - and knowledgeable - manner, is it not?
Get off your high horse, you impress nobody.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
FYI, the RAF Regiment are merely part of the same Royal Air Force who spend their first 3-6 months in the services marching all day for hours on end. They complete basic training, as do the other Armed Forces with an unequalled top drawer standard ready for parade to match any other.
I know, I have been there and have done it.

Jeez man, you are so naive aren't you? Post after post, you rile us all deliberately with your unfounded and ignorant views on anything that takes your fancy. You were a boxer? Well mate, that explains your low level of intellect in a nutshell doesn't it lol!

About time you contributed with more of a pleasant - and knowledgeable - manner, is it not?
Get off your high horse, you impress nobody.
You sir are a uneducated fool, as proven by your contributions. Please don't bother me anymore, life is too short.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:22 PM

In answer to the topic.

I don't feel, particularly, proud to be British.

But I do feel very lucky to having been born British.

Can't imagine how unlucky it would be to have been born in some of those countries, out there!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:30 PM

You sir are a uneducated fool, as proven by your contributions. Please don't bother me anymore, life is too short.
How incorrect you are yet again! You really are a buffoon aren't you? You really don't like it when you are proved wrong do you? Thing is, it happens every time you post your drivel!
I suspect a troll. Tell you what, daft lad, I'll ignore you too if that makes us equal - or are you head and shoulders above everybody?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-09-2018, 09:46 PM

Sorry folks but sometimes these stuck-up twots need to be brought down a peg or two.

As you were, back to topic.....

Page 17 of 20 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top