Join for free
Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 07:13 AM

Who Is Nigel Farage

Did anyone watch this C4 yesterday, my estimation of the guy was raised by the programme, was yours?.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 07:44 AM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did anyone watch this C4 yesterday, my estimation of the guy was raised by the programme, was yours?.

I didn't see it, but my estimation of the man is that he's an evil little Fascist s**t and nothing he has done or will do in the future will alter that opinion of him.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 07:50 AM

You can't make an Omelette without breaking a few eggs.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 08:03 AM

My thoughts exactly. He bumbles around laughing, drinking beer and smoking cigarettes but none of that hides the fact that he is a dangerous man (but largely clueless!).

The one thing that really did surprise me in the programme was the vast undemocratic setup of the EU. I am not opposed to the EU at all but I was quite shocked at that huge modern building and the amount of unaccountability of certain panels. Having said that though how do we get to the truth of it all.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I didn't see it, but my estimation opf the man is that he's an evil little Fascist s**t and nothing he has done or will do in the future will alter that opinion of him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 09:16 AM

I didn't see it but have watched and listened to many interviews, he isn't a fascist IMO but he is getting himself caught up in things he should not be, his campaign to get us out of the EU was doing well, and he never came over as a racist however he has now been caught up in talking about general immigration and he doesn't come across well when he does.

He is however a dose of fresh air around the political scene as I do think he says what he believes so even though I am not liking everything he says at least I believe him when he speaks.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I didn't see it but have watched and listened to many interviews, he isn't a fascist IMO but he is getting himself caught up in things he should not be, his campaign to get us out of the EU was doing well, and he never came over as a racist however he has now been caught up in talking about general immigration and he doesn't come across well when he does.

He is however a dose of fresh air around the political scene as I do think he says what he believes so even though I am not liking everything he says at least I believe him when he speaks.

Julie darlin' - just remember that Nigel Farage is a hypocrite - he advocates withdrawal from the EU but at the same time is himself an MEP and takes pay and expenses from the Bruxelles Parliament. In addition, although he is an MEP and supposedly representing the interests of his constituents, he has one of the poorest voting and attendance records of any MEP
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 09:48 AM

Julie darlin' - just remember that Nigel Farage is a hypocrite - he advocates withdrawal from the EU but at the same time is himself an MEP and takes pay and expenses from the Bruxelles Parliament. In addition, although he is an MEP and supposedly representing the interests of his constituents, he has one of the poorest voting and attendance records of any MEP
I believe he stood as a protest and now his protest is not to attend. And to be honest who wouldn't take the money, most I think would.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 10:04 AM

Farage is a clown - but he is a clown who runs the only largish party in the UK which agrees with the majority of the UK population that we should get out of the appalling EU. The other three Tory parties are all in thrall to neo-liberal corporate capitalism and I will vote UKIP, not in any positive sense, but just to tell the three Tory parties that they have been rumbled!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 12:05 PM

Julie darlin' - just remember that Nigel Farage is a hypocrite -
No more a hypocrite than Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and David Cameron re- the promised referendum on Europe.

We are still waiting.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

01-04-2014, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
No more a hypocrite than Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and David Cameron re- the promised referendum on Europe.

We are still waiting.
I quite agree Pats, but that doesn't make him any less a hypocrite because others are too.

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top