Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 09:54 AM

Re: New dentures - getting used to

Originally Posted by greg ->
ive found it strange that theres very little choice in types of dentures.
in fact no choice it seems,nhs bricks or nothing(discounting the expensive screw type).
Ive tried googling whatnot thought maybe thered be some exotic rubbery ones or something but alas no.
even glasses have various different inventions regarding design/materials/comfort etc but nothing on teef at all i can find.
I agree with you - should be no problems today - should be perfick in fact
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There are very different grades of teeth and plate we didn't discover that until we went to the dental laboratory, NHS use the cheapest plates and a generic tooth, with very limited colour palette.
I would take this advice for sure ......
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 10:01 AM

intresting,is there a website with this info.
having just gained new employment/wage packet, i think its an opportunity for me to possibly invest in something better than nhs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by greg ->
intresting,is there a website with this info.
having just gained new employment/wage packet, i think its an opportunity for me to possibly invest in something better than nhs.
I haven't looked anything up on the net, just seen the samples and taken the advice the chaps in the laboratory provided. My husband's plate was very thin, broke twice in the first year which was why we sought assistance, he was not happy with his NHS provided teeth as they looked false, no character like his original teeth so were very noticeable as being false. Anyone missed the year he had his NHS teeth would now be hard pressed to know his teeth are false as he gets on with them so well and they have character.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 07:34 PM

My top set provoke my gag reflex! I was pleading with the dentist to get them out during the fitting. And I can't even drink a cup of tea with them.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 07:36 PM

I remember it well Jazzi
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 02:37 PM

Just phoned the dental practice and when I told her my mouth was throbbing the night after only a couple of hours wearing, she commented 'no that's not right!' I have an appt to see him Thursday morning, but probably as an emergency as I was told I may need to wait. I said, I have all day!

(My only free day...but at least I've started packing.)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 02:38 PM

Hope you get some help on Thursday then Jazzi. Shame you had to go through all that in the first place.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-12-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Hope you get some help on Thursday then Jazzi. Shame you had to go through all that in the first place.
Yes alice, I should have refused them (yet again) in the beginning, 10th October, and saved my money.

I refuse to wear them till the facial pain is relieved, and I don't care who prescribes the appropriate medication!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-12-2014, 04:29 PM

Hope all goes well for you and you get this sorted ......

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top