Join for free
Page 643 of 1676 « First < 143 543 593 633 641 642 643 644 645 653 693 743 1143 1643 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 11:36 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Sorry Jem, I have never seen a bunch, or even a bundle of virgins.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sorry Jem, I have never seen a bunch, or even a bundle of virgins.
Well here's a whole bundle of them for ya Sweetie, wise ones and foolish ones.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins
25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

So the lesson there is you gotta keep yourself well oiled, never a problem with me I'm happy to say.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well here's a whole bundle of them for ya Sweetie, wise ones and foolish ones.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins
25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

So the lesson there is you gotta keep yourself well oiled, never a problem with me I'm happy to say.
Oh, thank-you Jem. I had forgotten that.
That certainly put me in my place
I hope omega 3 counts

Anyway forget Virgin, EE is my saviour.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-05-2018, 02:47 PM

Just in case any of you need help.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-05-2018, 02:57 PM

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 03:13 PM

This bundle and bunches got me thinking as you do. As a nipper if the wind blew on me I caught cold so I was always bundled up, as was the norm in days of old, never mind if you could breathe or not. Longs as you did not catch cold breathing was not important .

Which leaves me thinking about bunches and as anyone who has ever had long hair, especially curly long hair, will know that at all cost that hair had to be tamed. usually by tight plaits and the tighter the better or so our Mothers said although I know it was a way of torturing us.

As both those bunches and bundles left me slightly unbalanced I will just add a more pleasant example .

A creature of charm is the gerbil
its diets exclusively on herbal
It grazes all day
On bunches of hay
passing gas with an elegant burble
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 04:04 PM

Don't panic,not staying...just opened email address and this notification was showing in it.

But,if one may be allowed to be of assistance;
a 'bunch' by definition is able,within accepted conditional status,to find it's own shape. Whereas a 'bundle' is held in shape and often position,either by natural preference for affinity or by necessity.
Bunches of membranes and bundles of strings [in this case,nerve chords] exhibit unbinding transitions from a bound state at low temperatures to an unbound state at high temperatures. This is natural progression and is reversed as the temperature drops.
If anyone's really interested,try to find Reinhard Lipowsky's dissertation on membranes. It will explain the difference between free-floating bunches of membranes and the closely-knit bundles of rigid membranes. Ok...I'm gone. Apologies for ruining your day.

Whooooooosshhhh......[and there he was,gone]
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 04:09 PM

oh [sorry,just stopping email notifications when this occurred to one's tiny braincell]
Bunches are free-forming. The REAL question Ma'am Sweaty Pie should ask is the difference between a bouquet and a bunch...much more relevant to a lady wot gets givved flahs,innit. Right...whooooosshhh...gonna genn.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-05-2018, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
oh [sorry,just stopping email notifications when this occurred to one's tiny braincell]
Bunches are free-forming. The REAL question Ma'am Sweaty Pie should ask is the difference between a bouquet and a bunch...much more relevant to a lady wot gets givved flahs,innit. Right...whooooosshhh...gonna genn.
You do maketh me laugh Pugsy Bear.
I am a little sweaty today, stop looking
I hope you don't want a sensible answer.
We sometimes say thanks a bunch, but never thanks a bouquet
Wine has a bouquet, but not a bunch.
Does that answer your query?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 10:13 PM

Why do domestic folk, post at silly hours.

Dilly dilly, or Willy nilly?

Forget Willy, get your kicks above the waistline sunshine.

Page 643 of 1676 « First < 143 543 593 633 641 642 643 644 645 653 693 743 1143 1643 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top