Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 12:49 PM

Re: Still working or retired?

Originally Posted by andsome ->
I am retired , and I wish that people would desist from swearing on here. W*** is an obscene four letter W word.
We'll I'm still w***ing Andsome!

Unless I downsize I'll be w***ing until I'm 65
And teaching isn't a job for oldies!
I think I'll do it until 55 and then I'll rent an apartment on a remote tropical island and paint all day
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 12:51 PM

Oh dear andsome, I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed! There aren't too many swearwords mentioned on OFF, especially bad swearwords, but just now and again when a topic tends to get a bit heated, inevitably there will be the odd naughty word put in. I'm afraid that even when someone reaches retirement age, they don't automatically become saints!! so you are rather asking the impossible.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:27 PM

I don’t like retirement at all and wish l was still working.
I only retired in 2007 because my ex partner sold his companies and we didn’t need to work ever again.
I still feel it was my biggest mistake to retire, as l, my head, and body was and is still is, not ready for retirement.
You might say, why don’t you get a job? Yes, great idea but when they see your age on an application form, you don’t stand a chance!
I think you should be able to send a video of yourself and they can see you don’t look or act ready for the scrap heap yet!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:28 PM

Well **** , I’m retired but my dearest husband isn’t. He could retire now with a good retirement plan but we get more if he stays another 4 years so he won’t quit even if I want him to. Stubborn man
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:48 PM

I retired from Social work 15 years ago when I was 60,then I looked after My 2 Grandchildren for 5 years to allow Their Mum to go to Uni' to get Her degree.so,for the past 10 years I just have Myself to look after and I enjoy every day not having ANY responsibilities towards Anyone but Myself...fab'
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
We'll I'm still w***ing Andsome!

Unless I downsize I'll be w***ing until I'm 65
And teaching isn't a job for oldies!
I think I'll do it until 55 and then I'll rent an apartment on a remote tropical island and paint all day:-)

How big is the apartment, you envisage renting.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
how big is the apartment, you envisage renting.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 03:17 PM

I was able to draw my o.a.p., NHS occupational pension and one small other one at 60. As agreed, I took one day off (on the Friday) and returned full-time to my old job on the Monday. Didn't even clear my belongings out. It worked very well for a couple of years. I then went part-time (same job) in order help take care of my daughter's children (she's divorced and has to work). Eventually at 63 I retired fully to look after them. In addition my son had two children and I found I was looking after them as well. Didn't really want to retire and conceivably I could still be working, but hey ho, needs must. That was about 10 years ago and although my husband retired at about 58, we have not really done the things we wanted to do with our retirement. The grandchildren are getting more independent, OH is now 81 and doesn't wan't to travel or go anywhere and I have time on my hands. I have come to realise I am bored. As Rehab has done, I think I will do some volunteering, either at the hospital or the hospice in the New Year.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Hi Floydy...
I've always kinda worked here and there throughout my life in various different way/jobs...I've always had mental health issues and caring duties to manage within my family.
I gave up working full time a long time ago now as cancer and other
(Long term) health issues meant I couldn't do what I wanted. I tend to take life at an extremely leisurely pace now what with having secondary cancers of the bone now coming back in my spine. Life's as good as my treatment allows it to be for now. Long may it last. I don't think I'd have changed anything about life tbh...as I have enjoyed it all for the main part....illness just can be such a drag tho.
You've done so well though, Aysa. Credit to you keeping everything together despite your problems
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I retired at 57. I remember going into work and thinking, ’I really don’t need this s***’ said hello to my team, emptied my desk to the astonishment of all and said, ‘that’s it lads I’m off” I got in my car drove away, opened the window and threw my watch out, I have never worn a watch since. I have done a lot of charity work since then mainly as a trainer. It was the best move I ever made.
Hell I wish I'd have been able to do that, Rehab, but no chance. Good on yer though mate

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top