Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:29 PM

Re: Showing affection to pets

Also, cats and dogs are very tactile with their soft fur, which makes them extremely touchable! Pleasure for them - pleasure for you.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:57 PM

I can’t resist touching Holly as I pass her, if she is on either chair especially. I also lean in for a face to face hug, or plant kisses on her, fondle her ears. Agree about the fur being tactile.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I talk to my cats or stroke them every time I pass them in the house, particularly if they are awake. I mumble all sorts of rubbish to them but they seem to enjoy it. They just pick out the important words such as food, treats or chicken.

This is what I mean dongle. We don't do that very much to each other do we, yet we do it to our pets so naturally.

I can easily see why that poll said 80% admitted showing more affection to their pets than their humans.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I suspect one reason for cuddling your pet - for women - is that they don't then assume sex is imminent and go for a grope.
. .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 01:49 PM

Having had 7 dogs 3 cats 2 horses 3 donkeys all at the
same time l did notice my dear wife showed more concern
for the animals if they were sick or injured, than she did for
me in the same situation, when she would say,do something
about it then!
I rest my case.
We loved all our animals equally & they all reciprocated in
different way's, l suppose they have different languages.

Best Regards, Donkeyman.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Having had 7 dogs 3 cats 2 horses 3 donkeys all at the
same time l did notice my dear wife showed more concern for the animals if they were sick or injured, than she did for me in the same situation, when she would say,do something about it then!
I rest my case.
We loved all our animals equally & they all reciprocated in
different way's, l suppose they have different languages.

Best Regards, Donkeyman.
Haha, but she was right in a way donkeyman, at least we can toddle off to the doctors if we feel rough, but the animals can't! They have to wait until a caring human notices they are off colour before being carted off for help.

P.S. I adore donkeys, and have done since childhood.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 03:56 PM

Don't talk about Donkeys, every time I see a Donkey, I've only got to say Hello and the Male tries to mount me!!!! Must be a Hormone thing!

I love massaging Coco's ears, the inner ear is like silky leather.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Haha, but she was right in a way donkeyman, at least we can toddle off to the doctors if we feel rough, but the animals can't! They have to wait until a caring human notices they are off colour before being carted off for help.

P.S. I adore donkeys, and have done since childhood.
Yes l agree with your PS completely, they such nice inoffensive
animals, and are not given credit for their intelligence,l ha to devise
special donkey proof latches for our gates etc, trouble was some
Humans couldnt open them.
Of course you are correct about the feeling rough bit, but l did
feel a little neglected sometimes Mups.

Best Regards Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-03-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Don't talk about Donkeys, every time I see a Donkey, I've only got to say Hello and the Male tries to mount me!!!! Must be a Hormone thing!

I love massaging Coco's ears, the inner ear is like silky leather.
What ? While he is mounting susie
The answer to the problem is dont say hello!
Best Regards. Donkeyman.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-03-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes l agree with your PS completely, they such nice inoffensive animals, and are not given credit for their intelligence,l had to devise special donkey proof latches for our gates etc, trouble was some Humans couldnt open them.
Of course you are correct about the feeling rough bit, but l did feel a little neglected sometimes Mups.

Best Regards Donkeyman.

My goats were like that with latches and bolts, so I know what you mean. They'd fiddle about with their lips then slide all the bolts open.

I support the Donkey Sanctuary in Devon. There are so many abused ones that have lives of hell, aren't there.

BTW, I don't believe a word of it when you say you felt neglected at times.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top