Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 09:54 AM

Re: Ciara

Dreadful here, I managed to go across the fields with a reluctant Chloe and keep my footing in the wind before the latest torrential rain hit us .

Thank goodness I don't have to go out again till lunch time and then it will be a brief spending a penny moment we don't have to go far.

My concern now is for the power lines, they often come down here in bad weather and for 4 days one time leaving me without heat other than a hot water bottle. I do have a camping stove at the ready in the garage.

Stay safe everyone
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 10:16 AM

I need to get some milk but l don’t know whether to go in the car or just take off and fly there!

I must go in the loft and find my kite!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I need to get some milk but l don’t know whether to go in the car or just take off and fly there!

I must go in the loft and find my kite!
Ain't you got a umbrella Art, you could do your Mary Poppins in these winds.

Got up this morning apart from one pot with flowers in it rolled over the rest of the front and back nothing as moved. No rain as of yet just howling strong winds. Thank god I did that back fencing last summer. Tescos are delivering between 12 and 1pm seeing that my boy has my car I won't see that again till probably Tuesday Wednesday, so I am indoors all day curtain twitching.
Have a happy Sunday everyone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 10:34 AM

Trying to drive today may be a bit like this :
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Trying to drive today may be a bit like this :
Annie, that looks exciting! Whoooshh....l’m off!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-02-2020, 11:02 AM

I have just read this in the comments for an article about Ciara in a newspaper. I can’t stop laughing.....

“This is a right stormy howler in the Midlands, my wife's been looking through the window all morning... If it get's any worse, I'm going to have to let her in”.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:49 AM

Hi

Just been out, twigs and branches all over the place.

The wheelie bins outside the flats are blown over and the rubbish is ever the place.

One of the main roads into the big retail park is closed due to a fallen tree.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:56 AM

So far here = one wheelie bin fell over and there are a couple of leaves on my lawn. I'm hoping to get a BBC reporter down here later so they can present tonight's news from my garden.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:03 PM

Terrible here last night, the roof was blown off one of the pubs in the town centre, lots of flats there too I expect the people have been told to leave. The buildings are very old in that part of town.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:33 PM

Oh dear, I was first up this morning and had to try and coax my two little pooches into the garden in this dreadful weather. They were having none of it! Finally got them to cock their legs in the covered side entry before they flew back indoors. I then had to get a bucket of hot water and Jeyes Fluid to clean the wall. (it would smell if left)

With the rain and high winds, by the time I came back indoors and glanced in the mirror at my windswept hair, I was a perfect replica of Medusa!

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top