Join for free
Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 08:23 PM

Re: Brexit referendum, have you changed your mind?

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I am an outer, I voted out and will remain an outer, even more so now seeing the sneaky and underhand tricks being used by the 'elite' to keep us in for their benefit only.
I agree. Had the remainiacs just accepted a democratic decision, all of this unrest would not have happened and due process would have taken place.

Instead, we have a lot of argument and no doubt costly court cases and, at the end of the day, Brexit will take place anyway.

I would certainly vote to leave again and I'm sure that the more moderate people who voted to remain would be likely to do the same, especially now they have seen that all the scare stories are without any foundation.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 09:04 PM

In my simple way of thinking, I voted to stay, and would still vote the same. Im happier knowing what I have or have not than the alternative of 'the unknown'.

I accepted the vote to leave.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wonda ->
In my simple way of thinking, I voted to stay, and would still vote the same. Im happier knowing what I have or have not than the alternative of 'the unknown'.

I accepted the vote to leave.
Wonda, that was what the referendum was about, letting the people make their own choice about the country's future, and I think the reason you voted to remain was probably similar to many who voted the same way.
What makes you different to the rest is your final sentence, and I applaud you for accepting the result of a democratic vote.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 11:13 AM

I voted out and I would again but that doesn't mean I disagree with all the remainers arguments for staying.

My family were split, initially we were all remainers then listening to the debates we decided to vote leave. Finally we were split and my daughter and her husband were very cool with me for a while for voting leave although we are ok now.

I can appreciate the arguments for each camp but after consideration I truly think even after really considering all the implications and possible difficulties the UK in the long term will be better off out.

I'm sad some people who voted to stay feel inhibited in posting their views here that's not what I intended. In the cold light of day I wondered if people had changed their minds that's all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 11:23 AM

Hi

I voted to leave, my kids voted to stay.

I would still vote to leave, however I am becoming increasingly wary of the total disarray amongst the Brexiteers, they cannot agree on a way forward.

They seem far more interested in their own political futures than ensuring that everything is in place for a smooth transition.

Even that snake Gove is now sticking his oar in again.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
They seem far more interested in their own political futures than ensuring that everything is in place for a smooth transition.
To be expected. BRExit has threatened the well feathered nests of the criminal elite running this country and all the fraudulent "City Boy" institutions in London. They will all be vying for contention in the "new world" whatever shape it takes. There will be no honour amongst thieves and very much a case of every man for himself. The world it watching. They had better be very careful indeed.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
To be expected. BRExit has threatened the well feathered nests of the criminal elite running this country and all the fraudulent "City Boy" institutions in London. They will all be vying for contention in the "new world" whatever shape it takes. There will be no honour amongst thieves and very much a case of every man for himself. The world it watching. They had better be very careful indeed.
Ah I see your deep desire for anarchy and chaos is within your imagined sights.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:14 PM

I voted out knowing that it would be difficult but on principle as we cant be tied to the controlling EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I would still vote to leave, however I am becoming increasingly wary of the total disarray amongst the Brexiteers, they cannot agree on a way forward.
I wonder whether the SOFT Brexiteers are doing this in an attempt to placate the Remainiacs, whilst the HARD Brexiteers are trying to get us out as soon as possible.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I wonder whether the SOFT Brexiteers are doing this in an attempt to placate the Remainiacs, whilst the HARD Brexiteers are trying to get us out as soon as possible.
Hi

There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

The key thing about a Hard Brexit is that we need the systems in place to both control Immigration and to collect the tariffs.

We currently have neither, we need them before we leave.

Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top