Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Four wheel drives in Supermarket car parks

You park your small car, go and do the shopping and on your return to the car park find yourself hemmed in on both sides by 4 wheel drives your view and the space on both sides of your car is seriously restricted.

You reverse cautiously out of your space into the narrow road between the vehicles to find guess what sticking out a couple of feet behind you, that's right another 4 wheel drive .

You spend the next ten minutes manoeuvring between the three monsters until you are able to make your escape
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 10:09 PM

Re: Four wheel drives in Supermarket car parks

you would love me then,iv usualy got the horse trailer on as well lol.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 10:25 PM

I know how you feel Meg. I hate the school run because of all the 4 x 4's trying to park outside the school to drop off or pick up.
I followed a great black thing into an indoor car park today and the woman had three attempts at parking it in three different bays, driving off to try again somewhere else each time. I politely remained behind her while she tried to get it into a space, but after the third time I made her stay where she was until I had got past her. I think she is still in there somewhere trying to park the thing
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Oh - you mean Chelsea Tractors
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 08:48 AM

Just dont let me start on with the school run and what I call the 'brat mobiles', I'd be here forever!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 09:01 AM

I can so relate to this, I remember my friend giving hemmed in one time and she was so cross she left a not on the drives screen saying next time leave me a tin opener, they ahd parked so close to her drivers door she had to squeeze into the passenger side.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 09:07 AM

I agree with you Meg, four wheel drive vehicles should be banned from city dwellers owning them.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 09:25 AM

There was something in the paper the other day saying that the average width of a car has increased by one and a half feet over the last forty years. Perhaps someone should tell the supermarket white liners?...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 10:35 AM

I always try and park with one side against a corner with no access, so its just the other side that is the problem. Also not too near the front of the store where all the cars seem to stack up.If your wing mirrors fold in, all the better.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 12:51 PM

I should have taken a photo of the car parked next to me when I came out of the hairdressers this morning, how anyone got out of the car was beyond me. He/she had wedged their Mitsubishi L200 between me and another car. It was a good job I had parked straight as I would have had no room to move.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top