Join for free
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 08:23 PM

Our war heros that suffer still

We should also today have a thought for those suffering from the effects of war that are still here and living a life of hell. Post traumatic stress disorder is something that needs to be recognised and addressed with much support for our heros of war.

I have a personal friend who is still suffering from an extremely traumatic event in the Falklands ... its been a life of hell for this man who fought for his country. He is I know not alone in this. Spare a thought for these men and women too.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Re: Our war heros that suffer still

I always remember those that were there,not enough is done for them.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 08:49 PM

It's very sad to say that these guys who put their lives on the line in extreme conditions aren't even offered any kind of counselling on their return.

These men and women are human beings, and don't have a key in their backs to wind up like clockwork.

Yes, they chose to be soldiers and no doubt expected to be called to a war situation, but I've known people who have seen their comrades blown to pieces and they get flash-backs, which must be a terrible trauma for them.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 08:54 PM

I have not been told the exact nature of what causes this man such trauma, but it was indicated that is was a comrade that was killed and yes he has flash-backs, nightmares, this mans life is a living hell.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 10:45 PM

No personal experience with this, but I do read that our Veterans Department does a pretty decent job of support/counseling for PTSD sufferers. I hope that's true ... it must be hell.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 11:24 PM

Always remember those who have come back disabled or suffering from PTSD. Have got to say that when my Niece's hubby came back from Afghanistan to Germany, the Army looked after him, along with others, brilliantly. He was having flash-backs/terrible nightmares of what he had encountered out there.....thankfully he is much better now thanks to the support/counselling he received in Germany.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top