Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 01:36 PM

Re: Princess Diana Statue

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Charles was wrong to have married her, but she certainly took advantage of it, and proved to be a slut in the end, Not long ago I read a book by a woman who knew her well, and had been friend of hers, it certainly didn't show her up in a good light at all.
And Charlie and his current wife are what? Do me a favour.
To use Diana's words. "There are three of us in this marriage"

And that so called friend made money from betraying a friendship. No wonder Diana didn't know who to turn to in her time of need. Vipers, the lot of them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 01:40 PM

Charles was wrong to have married her, but she certainly took advantage of it, and proved to be a slut in the end, Not long ago I read a book by a woman who knew her well, and had been friend of hers, it certainly didn't show her up in a good light at all.

Really? Well all I can say is -

Some friend!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 01:49 PM

I can never understand why all the threads we have about Di get so acrimonious.

There were three of them in that marriage.
He was already involved with another woman .. who he has remained faithful to.
Di .. perhaps thinking he'd jettison Cammy had a string of affairs once she realised he wasn't about to.
None of them are or were shining examples of fidelity.
They're just people with flaws and vulnerabilities and no one could accuse any of them of been chaste.
I can never understand all the fuss.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I can never understand why all the threads we have about Di get so acrimonious.

There were three of them in that marriage.
He was already involved with another woman .. who he has remained faithful to.
Di .. perhaps thinking he'd jettison Cammy had a string of affairs once she realised he wasn't about to.
None of them are or were shining examples of fidelity.
They're just people with flaws and vulnerabilities and no one could accuse any of them of been chaste.
I can never understand all the fuss.
I agree Morty, whatever they did in their private lives was their business, and none of us will ever really know who was to blame for what? Surely we can respect what Diana did for others, and her children, without dragging up things about their marriage failure.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 02:03 PM

A terrible waste of money. I think Diana was an attention seeking woman; Charles was an idiot to marry her. Camilla is a million times better than Diana.
You didn't get the memo saying Charles and Camilla were living completely separate lives and only come together for public duties and engagements?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Morty, whatever they did in their private lives was their business, and none of us will ever really know who was to blame for what? Surely we can respect what Diana did for others, and her children, without dragging up things about their marriage failure.

I agree.
None of us will ever know the whole truth about what went on behind the scenes. We weren't involved and weren't there. Some people just love someone to blame.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yawn!!! - Another perch for pigeons to crap on.
I've heard they're also putting a statue of Stalin.....sat in an armchair next to it........that'll keep the crap off Diana's.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 12:47 AM

, Not long ago I read a book by a woman who knew her well, and had been friend of hers, it certainly didn't show her up in a good light at all.

Name of book and author please Tarantula.
I'd like to read t.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:23 AM

So would I Carol. Details please tara.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:31 AM

Nelsons Column is a great tourist attraction and maybe one of Diana will do the same?
She was well liked generally and opened up the royal family to the ordinary people like no other royal.

I can't see any reason why a statue of her should not be made especially as she died such a tragic early death. She would have been our future queen after all.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top