Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 10:15 AM

Re: Good morning Friday

Good morning everyone a glorious start to the day, frost on the grass, gleaming sunlight and the first of the lambs have arrived in the next field.
When it is such a day as this I don't mind lockdown .

I have erected my mini greenhouse , it is looking good. It lacked a couple of central support bars for shelves and I happened to have some aluminium tubing so was able to add my own to make it more sturdy ..
https://www.christowhome.co.uk/chris...reenhouse.html
I just have to fill it now once it warms up a bit .

Waitrose are due shortly and when I have prepared some salads and cauliflower cheese for lunch I am going to go and empty the compost bin onto a raised bed and dig it in. This may be the last time I do this, I may adopt the 'no till' method and let the worms and mulch do the work.

Enjoy your day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 10:37 AM

Good morning all a frosty one but beautiful sunshine in the cloudless blue sky.

Housework this morning then pottering in the garden this afternoon.

Enjoy the sun, enjoy your day.....stay safe folks.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:48 AM

Lovely sunny day here.

Pity I can't spend it sat outside at a restaurant with a nice cold drink, watching the world go by.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 12:00 PM

Good morning all.

Beautiful cloudless blue sky, but quite a frost this morning, with cars and grass white. I believe the same is forecast for tonight too.

I am sitting here waiting for the emergency gas people to arrive as I caught a whiff of gas when I was reading the meter this morning. Better to be safe than sorry, ey.

Meg, I have got three of those little grow houses, I use them all the time. 2 are with shelves like your one, and a third one without shelves which just holds three tomato plants, which is just enough for me each year. The only thing you'll have to careful off, is make sure it's well anchored down else it'll take off in high winds.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 12:06 PM

Hi

Just back from having my vaccine.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good morning all.

Beautiful cloudless blue sky, but quite a frost this morning, with cars and grass white. I believe the same is forecast for tonight too.

I am sitting here waiting for the emergency gas people to arrive as I caught a whiff of gas when I was reading the meter this morning. Better to be safe than sorry, ey.

Meg, I have got three of those little grow houses, I use them all the time. 2 are with shelves like your one, and a third one without shelves which just holds three tomato plants, which is just enough for me each year. The only thing you'll have to careful off, is make sure it's well anchored down else it'll take off in high winds.
Hi Mups that's interesting to know you have some too .
I am not too worried about the wind, the little house has its back to the wall and a tub with a shrub on either side. I am storing gravel and sand on the bottom shelf there are plenty and they are roomy
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 04:47 PM

Oooh, Mups, smart you to make that call. No candles burning at your place for a while!

Meg, that's a handy little greenhouse. I like it's vertical shape that should do the job without taking up too much room.

Happy to hear about your vaccine, SF. I'll be last to the party, so it seems.

With a morning of zero visibility fog and a long-range forecast has us well out of overnight freezing, it looks good for starting to work the soil for spring plantings. After a good solid run, I'm heading out with a pick axe and shovel to get on with the work.

I wish a giant Kitchen Aid mixer would come in and take care of it for me, but then I wouldn't appreciate the results as much, now would I?

I'll be report in later with blisters and a tall glass of iced tea.....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 04:50 PM

New curtains and blinds fitted in our living room, kitchen and bedroom this morning. That's another job off the list. What's next darling?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top