Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:14 PM

exploring possibilities

In other words messing about with lighting etc.

In actual fact looking at different situations using an LED light now I can work on a tabletop to take photos. I can endless possibilities opening up during the coming winter months. Even using a remote wireless radio flash gun
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:31 PM

Re: exploring possibilities

I've been looking for the right light. A hobby of mine is military model painting, that tripod of yours you post about is perfect for my needs, hence why i am looking to get one. As for lighting, i was recommended these lights, they are called Lume Cube, not sure if you've heard of them.

https://cvp.com/product/lume-cube-ai...CABEgKT3fD_BwE
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 12:52 AM

Re: exploring possibilities

this primaphoto PHTR001 tripod I got because it folds up small and for the above camera and lenses. However the head that came with it to my mind is totally useless I don't think that can hold the weight. Hence getting the velbon fluid head instead. Then I hit another problem with the head removed the tripod thread is too large to fit into a camera. So I found one of these

Which worked but I had to make up a couple of collars to go over it for extra stability.

With this new moman gear it can take that larger thread on the tripod as they come with threaded adapters which arn't needed See photo with camcorder on it. problem solved

Now down to the lighting

I use as shown a CN-160 LED light and a NP-F970/F960 battery (it will take AA batteries) . You have to make sure you get the right ones for that LED light and also don't forget a charger.

something like this best get the kit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DSLR-Camc...UAAOxypthRsYQw

Hit a little snag, easily overcome using that small threaded stud for that LED light to fit onto the tripod

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a look at that link you posted and had a bit of a shock. You have to power it up using a USB cable . That means either from a computer or a 240 V main plug adapter.

Ok for indoor use but what about at an event with no power source available, as soon as the internal battery dies you have had it.

With the ones I suggested you can always take a couple of spare batteries although just one will last a long time.

The spec also had me a bit worried

Quote"

Battery: Internal Non-Replaceable Lith-Ion Polymer
Charge: Micro USB
Run Time: 2.5+ Hours @ 50% Brightness (30-45min @ 100%)
Mounting: Built-In Earth Magnet (rear), Tripod Mount (Base: ¼"-20)
Control: Bluetooth and Single Button Manual Operation
Compatible Devices: iPhone, Android, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, "unquote

AS for the mounting sounds gimmicky to help sell as same with Control

But that is just my opinion

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top