Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Mike Bloomberg for President?

Much has been made by the entry of Mike Bloomberg into the US presidential race. He is a democrat candidate and a former mayor of New York. I thought it might be interesting to start a thread about this as whoever is elected will affect us too.

He is a former republican and at $52bn, his fortune far outweighs Donald's. His views are very liberal and he is very anti-gun. He seems a stronger opponent than Biden. Trump has reportedly called him "little Mike".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50355758

Do you think he has a chance?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: Mike Bloomberg for President?

He has as much chance as anyone, and he's certainly got the cash for a campaign. His biggest problem in my view is his gun-control stance. That won't go down too well with some voters.
Mike1111
New Member!
Lincoln
Mike1111 is male 

09-11-2019, 04:47 PM

Trump is a very formidable person. He is intimidating and very rude. There is nothing he won't say to intimidate an opponent. I don't think that many people used to civilized debate really have the skill to counter this on a live stage. I don't think many of the democratic nominees have a chance sadly. An opponent needs to be able to ridicule Trump and not be intimidated by the aggressive counter which would follow. I think Oprah Winfrey might have been able to do this with her ability to manipulate a live audience, but she's not running. Muhammad Ali might have been able to do it as well and maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger but that's not going to happen either. I don't know what Bloomberg is like in a confrontation. You would think he might be quite tough. He certainly has the wealth to put Trump down a notch. Its a bit sad when politics has been reduced to this but it has.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 05:19 PM

Unless President Trump is impeached, it is conceivable he could get a second term.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top