Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 03:01 PM

The Trial of Christine Keeler.

Starts tonight BBC 1 9.00 pm
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 03:04 PM

Re: The Trial of Christine Keeler.

Looks interesting Muddy

Shows it from the perspective of the young women for a change. That's how I read it anyway
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 03:13 PM

I'll give it a go ..... but at the first sign of "embellishing" it's off .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 04:02 PM

The thing is, this all happened in the early 1960’s and it will be judged in the mindset that exists now, not as how it was then. I remember it so well, the huge scandal, the newspaper headlines, the shock and the disgrace.

I would only watch it to hear the words of Mandy Rice Davis, ‘Well they would say that, wouldn’t they?’
I don’t suppose we will hear those words if it’s mainly about Christine Keeler.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The thing is, this all happened in the early 1960’s and it will be judged in the mindset that exists now, not as how it was then. I remember it so well, the huge scandal, the newspaper headlines, the shock and the disgrace.

I would only watch it to hear the words of Mandy Rice Davis, ‘Well they would say that, wouldn’t they?’ *
Those were the days - proper scandals - spies, men from the ministry and "good-time girls" threatening the stability of a Government - and all in black and white .....

* Correction:

Whilst being cross-examined at Ward's trial, Rice-Davies made a riposte which has since become famous. When James Burge, the defence counsel, pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or even having met her, she dismissed this, giggling "Well he would, wouldn’t he?" (often misquoted "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?"). By 1979, this phrase had entered the third edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, and is occasionally referred to with the abbreviation MRDA ("Mandy Rice-Davies applies").

You're probably right, though, that we may be deprived of that delicious moment .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Those were the days - proper scandals - spies, men from the ministry and "good-time girls" threatening the stability of a Government - and all in black and white .....

* Correction:

You're probably right, though, that we may be deprived of that delicious moment .....
Well, you knew what l meant, didn’t you!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Starts tonight BBC 1 9.00 pm
From reviews it looks worth watching, as they concentrate on how a young girl coped with the overwhelming events, and her one suggestion.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/29/chris...6/?ito=cbshare
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

29-12-2019, 07:07 PM

Well, you knew what l meant, didn’t you!
Indeed ..... Mandy Rice-Davies turned out to be a real "character" .....

galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 07:11 PM

Thanks Muddy.

Always thought that CK had class but the media portray her as a prostitute and she was hounded in so much they unjustly jailed her for 9 months for perjury, they needed their pound of flesh.

Should be detailed as its over 6 eps.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 07:20 PM

I would only watch it to hear the words of Mandy Rice Davis,Well they would say that, wouldn’t they?’
Well its in the trailer

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/29/the-t...reat-11967551/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top