Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 07:11 PM

Re: Prepaid cards?????

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Thanks Percy and Longdogs, but both suggestions you made,require giving personal information to obtain a card. I want a card that you can get,and pay to put cash on,with real money,without giving personal details,or paying fees.
Like an Oyster card ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 01:33 AM

Oyster cards hold personal details. It's an interesting question because I don't think such a card exists, although were someone to develop one there would be demand for it from people who do not want to be tracked every time they buy something. I doubt the "internet of things" people would like it though!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 01:17 PM

I suppose us 'over 50's just don't fit in any more. A young person wouldn't think twice about supplying their life details in order to buy a sandwich in the cafe.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose us 'over 50's just don't fit in any more. A young person wouldn't think twice about supplying their life details in order to buy a sandwich in the cafe.
I guess they don't realise that companies used to pay good money for information now given for free. All these systems are tracking devices. We may as well have a microchip.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I guess they don't realise that companies used to pay good money for information now given for free. All these systems are tracking devices. We may as well have a microchip.
That sounds quite possible in the future.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-02-2020, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That sounds quite possible in the future.
It's not the future LD. Some employees have been asked to inject a tag by big corporates. This is out of control IMO and is it a surprise state support is there all the way. Now they are talking about giving the state control to police the net. It's funny that we tag criminals isn't it and yet we are voluntarily tagging ourselves! The world is nuts. We are sleepwalking into dystopia.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...-they-love-it/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-02-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's not the future LD. Some employees have been asked to inject a tag by big corporates. This is out of control IMO and is it a surprise state support is there all the way. Now they are talking about giving the state control to police the net. It's funny that we tag criminals isn't it and yet we are voluntarily tagging ourselves! The world is nuts. We are sleepwalking into dystopia.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...-they-love-it/
I agree Annie.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top