Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:07 AM

Re: Gender Reassignment

[QUOTE=Twink55;1864897]If you are born male or female then, like it or not, that is the gender you are! Perhaps they should find a way to increase the natural oestrogen or testosterone levels....rather than helping them to become something they are not.
Michael Jackson didn't like being black, & he could afford to have things done to change his skin colour....he did & it may have contributed to his early death.
How would we feel if all black people were offered the same treatments, so they could be treated as equals.

I am sure all of us would like to change some things about ourselves, but would we be happy if we could?
I believe that all these "social media" demands should be ignored, till the young people learn that you can't have everything you want in life.

I hate what social media is doing to the minds of people, who can't resist trying new ideas that appeal to them. Aren't we just creating a generation of spoiled brats who will eventually try anything new and probably regret it later...when they realize they made a mistake?[/QUOTE]

In a word, YES
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:23 AM

It didn't work for one person, probably not mature enough to realise the consequences.
I think 18 or early 20s would be better ages to make decisions.
I know people whose lives are transformed for the better after miserable lives trying to conform to their original gender. Some are much older and can finally be who they believe they are.

The media always focuses on the cases that stand out. We can all make mistakes we wish we hadn't.

Those of us who have been comfortable with ourselves have no idea what some folks go through.

Some undergoing cosmetic surgery wish they hadn't.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:36 AM

I think the money would be better spent on the environment.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Moreover, my daughter , from the earliest age, always knew she was a girl. Without any input from me, or anyone else, she wanted dolls and "girl clothes". I honestly believe that if I had bought her boy toys: bulldozers, dump-trucks, and road graders etc, she would have thrown a fit. Whenever I took her to a toy department, she made a bee-line for the "baby-dolls".
The 'problem' nowadays is that 'equality' comes into it. Boys are no longer encouraged to play with 'boyish' toys such as guns and tanks while girls are not expected to have 'girlie' playthings such as dolls. That is what is now encouraged in the name of 'equality'!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It should certainly not be done by the NHS, and I do not believe they are culpable in this case. Counselling and decision making should all have been done - thoroughly - before the case reached surgery level.

His/Her lawyers are out to make money - and I hope that they fail.
It is not easy to get plastic surgery on the NHS so why should something even more life-changing be available?

Yes, the lawyers will possibly do very well out of this, they usually do! In this case it will be us the taxpayers who foot the bill as in any successful damages claim against the NHS.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
As this case clearly demonstrates that ignores the right of a child to be a child and have choices later in life. I hope there are more such cases because it is one thing for children to talk about how they feel about their gender but puberty blocking is totally unethical for such a reason. Children are not in a position to make such a choice themselves. It's IMO as bad as enforced sterilisation and other such interference to the natural condition of the human body. What people do to each other without thinking through the consequences is appalling.
There are laws against FGM and yet something like gender reassignment is more or less encouraged it seems. This whole problem is yet another area, as with many others, where there are too many rights and not enough responsibilities IMO.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 11:37 AM

If I was sixteen I could get my bits chopped off on the NHS but at 56, I can't get an NHS dentist. That just about sums up ridiculous Britain.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=TessA;1864921]It didn't work for one person, probably not mature enough to realise the consequences.
I think 18 or early 20s would be better ages to make decisions.
I know people whose lives are transformed for the better after miserable lives trying to conform to their original gender. Some are much older and can finally be who they believe they are.

The media always focuses on the cases that stand out. We can all make mistakes we wish we hadn't.

Those of us who have been comfortable with ourselves have no idea what some folks go through.

Some undergoing cosmetic surgery wish they hadn't.[/QUOTE]

And there are a lot of people having gender reassignment who are wishing they hadn't. It's all too easy. I keep saying and will say it again, work on their self esteem and learn to love and accept the body they were born with.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:36 PM

There is of course an upside to gender reassignment when done young enough.

It removes one more weirdo out of the gene pool.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If I was sixteen I could get my bits chopped off on the NHS but at 56, I can't get an NHS dentist. That just about sums up ridiculous Britain.
You hit the nail on the head.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is of course an upside to gender reassignment when done young enough.

It removes one more weirdo out of the gene pool.
But then they want to change back again...
at our expense!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
But then they want to change back again...
at our expense!
But they would be infertile. Sorted.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top