Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:38 PM

Re: Gender Reassignment

So where were this girl/boys parents when she was only 16?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:45 PM

You have to ask yourself, where were the parents in this unhappy story. If they were about the place, surely they should have given some sort of wise counsel, and tried to deter the child from making such a rash decision. I'm not sure whether at 16, one can legally have the puberty drugs and hormones. If so, that is really bad. As it's been said , the Transgender mob, are having way too much influence on confused children.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You just beat me to it Mups!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:48 PM

Has anyone noticed there is more than one claimant ... there's another mentioned in the article.

The second claimant, known only as Mum A, is the mother of a 15-year-old girl with autism, who is awaiting treatment at the clinic. .

What on earth do we make of that?

It seems to have become some kind of 'trend' to experiment nowadays... as if being a straight heterosexual is old fashioned, too traditional or boring.

I shudder to think how many kids are knocking around confused about their sexual identity and blame most of it on the LGBT community who claim to be trying to promote and protect them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
You have to ask yourself, where were the parents in this unhappy story. If they were about the place, surely they should have given some sort of wise counsel, and tried to deter the child from making such a rash decision. I'm not sure whether at 16, one can legally have the puberty drugs and hormones. If so, that is really bad. As it's been said , the Transgender mob, are having way too much influence on confused children.

I just said that, John.
I agree with you though, but if the parents were about, it seems a bit odd they have not commented.

I wonder how many of us would have gone along with it had it been our child at 16? Very few I suspect.

I also suspect there is a money to be made out of all this, that's usually the root of things.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But they would be infertile. Sorted.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:10 PM

PPP - very common these days, I'm afraid.

(Piss Poor Parenting)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:44 PM

I just said that, John.
I agree with you though, but if the parents were about, it seems a bit odd they have not commented.

I wonder how many of us would have gone along with it had it been our child at 16? Very few I suspect.

I also suspect there is a money to be made out of all this, that's usually the root of things.
I would imagine these days if you tried to dissuade your child from having a sex change, you would be branded the most evil parent in the land for not embracing LGBT. The fact that they are not mature enough to make the decision is beside the point. There should be a minimum age of 18 so that if and when they decided they have made a grave error, they can't blame anyone but themselves.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It didn't work for one person, probably not mature enough to realise the consequences.
I think 18 or early 20s would be better ages to make decisions.
I know people whose lives are transformed for the better after miserable lives trying to conform to their original gender. Some are much older and can finally be who they believe they are.

The media always focuses on the cases that stand out. We can all make mistakes we wish we hadn't.

Those of us who have been comfortable with ourselves have no idea what some folks go through.

Some undergoing cosmetic surgery wish they hadn't.
Tess it's understandable that an adult makes mistakes and regrets going ahead with treatments. But this is treatment on a child to prevent changes in puberty. A child is not in a position to understand such an irreversible decision.

I seem to recall from a colleague whose daughter was having a nose job that they have to wait until 18 when the body is fully formed. It's likely to be the same with boob jobs and other cosmetic surgery. In gender reassignment I think 21 is the earliest they should agree to this. They body should be allowed to develop naturally otherwise there are lifelong unknown health and mental well being consequences. They should not be repressing puberty using drugs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-03-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would imagine these days if you tried to dissuade your child from having a sex change, you would be branded the most evil parent in the land for not embracing LGBT. The fact that they are not mature enough to make the decision is beside the point. There should be a minimum age of 18 so that if and when they decided they have made a grave error, they can't blame anyone but themselves.
I agree, but what's more such operations should not be done on the NHS. We have enough illness and other health problems in this country, and the NHS is already struggling to cope.

If they want to change their gender, they should pay for it themselves.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top