Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 02:04 PM

New Passport

My daughter has been nagging me to renew my passport which ran out quite a few years ago. Won't be going far though.

Do you still have to get someone to verify your photo or can they do it at a post office in a booth like the driving licence renewals?

It was such a nuisance to find a professional person, not related, to verify your photo!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 02:14 PM

Re: New Passport

The PO will verify your photo if you do it in one of their booths .Also they have a service whereby they check everything on your form over the counter and will tell you if your photo is exactly as required ( I asked for someone to help me with this at the booth when doing mine last year) so that nothing goes to the Passport Office that’s incorrect and returned .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 03:28 PM

Re: New Passport

Jolly good!
I could never understand how a professional person was considered more honest than anyone else!
Thank you.

I've got no excuse now!

I'd better get a move on, they're moving Wells Post Office into Peacocks, I doubt if it will have a booth.

I wonder if I'll get a red one or a black (blue) one?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top