Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:50 PM

Re: Stop Complaining.

Originally Posted by MickB ->
The amount of government money spent on fraudulent benefits claims (estimated £3.4billion) is much too high, but it pales into insignificance compared with the amount of tax which should be paid but isn't by the rich and the corporations (a conservative estimate of £70 billion of tax evasion,£25 billion tax avoidance and £25 billion of unpaid tax - £120billion in all). If all these rich and corporate tax cheats paid what they should, there would be no reason to raise tax at all. But then the poor are an easier target than the rich!
Corporations pay all the tax that they are required to pay and if people can arrange their affairs in a way to minimise the taxes that they pay then they would be seven kinds of bloody fool not to do so.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
One of your more ridiculous posts Swim.

I didn't vote for any of that. I didn't vote for the influx of jobless immigrants who burden our NHS or the billions of wasted Aid sent abroad.

I have paid my bit and happy to do so when it pays for the care of the elderly (who also paid their bit). It won't hurt the grandkids to get off their ipads and do their bit for society.

I agree with you Dongle.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
The amount of government money spent on fraudulent benefits claims (estimated £3.4billion) is much too high, but it pales into insignificance compared with the amount of tax which should be paid but isn't by the rich and the corporations (a conservative estimate of £70 billion of tax evasion,£25 billion tax avoidance and £25 billion of unpaid tax - £120billion in all). If all these rich and corporate tax cheats paid what they should, there would be no reason to raise tax at all. But then the poor are an easier target than the rich!
You just beat me to it Mick! You have said almost word for word
what l would have said!
I would put it this way, the poor steal the benefits!
The rich steal the tax
The government wastes half
The worker pays all!

Donkeyman!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with you Dongle.
Me 2!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Stop Complaining? Where's the fun in that?
So funny Bruce.....complaining is our national pastime...Whinging Poms!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have the Lowest Pensions in Western Europe.

We have a third less Hospital beds in Western Europe and by far the longest waiting lists.

It was our Generation which voted for this, we wanted the high life, a very low Tax Economy.

Take the hit folks, it is what we voted for.

It is totally unfair to expect our kids and Grandkids to pay for our stupidity.

I thought you said your pension was £30K a year and even though your retired, you will still make £400 a day signing EU customs forms
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 04:33 PM

I read this thread with much interest, I worked all my life except for a short spell following a breakdown from PTSD, during which time I got virtually nothing, as far as I'm concerned there are quite a few things wrong with this country, and a lot of them could easily be put right, take the young for example, a lot of them have no skills and no desire to learn any, they won't work because they see themselves as better off on the dole, well make them work! If they had to shadow someone for say 6 months, while they were on benefit and at the end of it the older person retired and they took over the job it would allow them to learn skills and people to retire earlier. I'm sick to death of youngsters telling me its all right for me, because I have a trade, well yes I do, but only because I went to college and studied, I didn't leave school with 5 GCSE's and a City and Guilds in electrical installation, I earned that later.
It's the same with politicians, they all lie and promise you the earth, then don't deliver when they get elected, it's corruption, greed and selfishness,the, I'm allright Jack mentality.
As for the NHS, well that's a cracker, my wife works in it, as have I on occasions and the amount of money wasted is criminal. I remember doing some work for them and there seemed to be a meeting every week, each meeting had a large buffet done by outside caterers at ridiculous expense. An aquaintance of mine ran a catering firm and he quoted for the job catering for these meetings, despite being half the price for the identical buffet, he didn't get it as he wasn't, 'the preferred contractor'.
I did some work for my local hospital free of charge in my spare time, did it save them any money? no it didn't, they used the money they'd saved to pay a consultant to oversee a project I'd already handled for free, the result being that when all was said and done, there was deemed insufficient money to deliver the project properly, work that one out.
My wife has been the subject of at least 3 time and motion studies, the outcome of each was the same, she can't reasonably do what she does and requires an assistant, however they say they cannot afford one, however on several occasions executives brought in to oversee certain projects have been found other jobs once the project has been completed. If they did away with half the managers they'd have plenty of money, not to mention the consultants who will only see say 10 patients in a session when in reality they could see 15, instead they slope off early to the golf course.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
One of your more ridiculous posts Swim.

I didn't vote for any of that. I didn't vote for the influx of jobless immigrants who burden our NHS or the billions of wasted Aid sent abroad.

I have paid my bit and happy to do so when it pays for the care of the elderly (who also paid their bit). It won't hurt the grandkids to get off their ipads and do their bit for society.
Go and work? - You're kidding right? Most of them think the world owes them a living, or they should step into a mega paid job because they have some worthless degree in some worthless subject.
That aside, they also need to pry themselves away from their phones and social media.
The ever offended WOKE generation - doncha just luvvem!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Go and work? - You're kidding right? Most of them think the world owes them a living, or they should step into a mega paid job because they have some worthless degree in some worthless subject.
That aside, they also need to pry themselves away from their phones and social media.
The ever offended WOKE generation - doncha just luvvem!
off topic but nice to see ya Fender, not seen you around much and was hoping you ok
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 09:21 PM

Same from me .... good to see ya cheeky fella

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top