Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 11:42 AM

testing a torch

I have had this 12volt torch for years but not used and the battery like this one

had lost power.

Easy way to test is with a

one of the best battery chargers on the market. Works on a lights system. when testing at certain stages if a battery fails it lets you know

the top part is about the errors shown

So this torch battery showed in step 5 the battery would not hold charge. indicated by a red warning light (top right)

well it is a great torch so decided to get a replacement battery for it

The torch

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 11:54 AM

Re: testing a torch

I love torches, I've had loads.

My fishing head torch is insane (Lupine Piko, it weighs nothing, runs on a single battery about twice the size of a match box and puts out up to 1800 lumens.

https://www.addnature.co.uk/lupine-p...wE&ev_chn=shop
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 11:58 AM

I bought this before LED lights were invented. gives out same as a car headlight, 10,000,000 candle power
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I bought this before LED lights were invented. gives out same as a car headlight, 10,000,000 candle power
Ha ha brilliant !

I had one of the halogen ones it was a Tiga one with the belt pack. Weighed a ton but was really cool at the time.

After that I had a Spell Technics Nova 3 which was my first LED head lamp. It's a minders caving lamp used by a lot of pot-holders and made by a guy in a shed somewhere in Yorkshire I think before he retired. They were great lamps at the time, fully waterproof and pumped out 300 lumens on full beam.

My Lupine is about a 5th of the weight of the Speleo and it pumps out 1800 lumens (6 times the power), which is just mind blowing considering its size.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:30 PM

I've got one of those chargers realspeed. So small for the good job that it does.

As regards torches, I got this one for my bike a few years ago. It doesn't get used much for that purpose now but it makes a good general purpose torch too. It has a few levels of brightness, 1200 lumens being the highest. Never to be looked at directly.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
well it is a great torch so decided to get a replacement battery for it
Good that you could still get a replacement after having the torch for a number of years.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:48 PM

The main problem with a lot of those yellow torches was they were 6 volt, and you couldn't get replacement lamps for them, at least with that one you can. I recently bought a much smaller LED one, takes 4 C cells and it's as bright as one of those, but god it's power hungry and you can't use rechargeables as they are only 1.2v not 1.5v, and it 'knows', lol
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 02:15 PM

I bought this Diall LED spotlight from Screfix about a year ago, to use in my garden at night to check on my hens.
I find it doesn’t keep charged up for long and l don’t use it that much.

I was a bit surprised to read in the instructions ‘Not suitable for use outdoors’. That’s a bit odd don’t you think?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	41156A0A-43B5-46A8-ADF0-1F9C71A90675.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	12039  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-03-2020, 04:30 PM

A Wolflite torch. some on here may recognise where it came from
this must be at least 40 years old and still works, they don't make them as good any more. Just been in the garage to give it a bit of a clean
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I've got one of those chargers realspeed. So small for the good job that it does.

As regards torches, I got this one for my bike a few years ago. It doesn't get used much for that purpose now but it makes a good general purpose torch too. It has a few levels of brightness, 1200 lumens being the highest. Never to be looked at directly.
I use my cycle headlamp as a general torch these days too. It's got 5 LEDs in it, runs on 4 AA batteries, and you can't look directly at it went it's switched on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top