Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:52 PM

Re: How can I use an Android Phone as a PC Webcam

From what i've been able to find, the majority of phone apps are wireless function only which is rubbish for webcam use which is why it must be usb cable from phone to desktop PC but the choice in apps for that is extremely limited (see my edited post above)
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
From what i've been able to find, the majority of phone apps are wireless function only which is rubbish for webcam use which is why it must be usb cable from phone to desktop PC but the choice in apps for that is extremely limited (see my edited post above)
I prefer wireless ..... and DroidCam seems to work adequately .....

I should add that my newest phone already has Google Duo installed as an alternative .....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I prefer wireless ..... and DroidCam seems to work adequately .....

I should add that my newest phone already has Google Duo installed as an alternative .....
well there are lots of youtube videos that show how to setup android phones as webcam. Just do a google search on 'android phone as webcam', and find the app that best suits your purpose because there are just far to many to give a recommendation on. Unfortunately the better ones are paid apps, no surprise there.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
well there are lots of youtube videos that show how to setup android phones as webcam. Just do a google search on 'android phone as webcam', and find the app that best suits your purpose because there are just far to many to give a recommendation on. Unfortunately the better ones are paid apps, no surprise there.
I've done all the searching ..... I was hoping an OFF member had actually tried some of the software .....

Anyway, DroidCam can stay installed for a while .....

Thanks for your help .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top