Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 11:14 AM

Re: Romanian fruit pickers

Originally Posted by Matchu ->
NO TO ROMANIANS, NO TO KENYAN STRING BEANS

Let's see the 2020 harvest fail.

Let's see 2021, the people take these farms, with committees, with show trials for Countryfile Matt Baker & that ginger farmer.

The year 2022 sees invasion of Scotland, lebensraum, plant a ton of potatoes for the people of Birmingham + folk/and ship enemy Scots + Sturgeon to the Isle of Man. [use military + RAF + prison service/retirees]

From LBC online, maybe Magic.
Why do you write in code Matchu??
Could you supply me with the cipher??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Nor do I .
I have nothing against the Romanians they are taking their opportunities but it would seems the agricultural industry is not making it easy for British workers.
I agree they are not keen to employ brits Muddy!
Maybe brits have too many strings attached, such as workers
rights??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Only ship them to the corrupt Isle of Man if they're at the most infective stage of Covid-19.

– Snip –
That's not a very nice comment – I have family living there! All 84,000+ inhabitants of the Isle of Man do not deserve to be tarred with the same brush, IMO. Not all work in the financial services!

Back to the original subject of the thread though, the first link below shows that we are not alone in having problems with fruit and vegetable picking. There may possibly be farms in the UK that operate below the legally enforced standards expected, the regulatory bodies would not be required if there were not. Farms in Spain show what it could be like without the regulations in the UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...ave-you-re-out

This second link shows British workers in the UK stating how hard work it is, after their own personal experiences working at picking fruit and vegetables:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...bs-in-cornwall
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 11:29 AM

A lot of people don't have a good word for the Manx.

I do.

But it would probably see me being kicked off this forum if I used it.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top