Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:16 PM

Re: Italian sausage subs

Originally Posted by basser ->
We gotta teach these Americans how to speak English ( no offence intended)

No - we don't - just enjoy the sandwich and don't speak with your mouth full!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:22 PM

bbmunch munch can't speak with a mouthful of Chorizo Stabby..
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
bbmunch munch can't speak with a mouthful of Chorizo Stabby..
Are you thinking of using chorizo ? PLEASE, NO. PS: chorizo is a Mexican sausage and no where near an Italian sausage.
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 08:18 AM

I ‘will’ contact you, American chef...tho’ I’m back on the front lines today with my mental health boys - ALSO I’ll be texting from now on, apols, no keyboard in my trenches.

What you describe sounds like something from ‘Subway’ which I don’t really like to eat. However one of my boys dragged me along there - in Scar - and the assembler is really entertaining - from Finland or Denmark, and he speaks American, proper VOA which I always enjoy ‘wise guy, you talking to me punk, Mayo wid yor sandwich?’ Sorry about the text can’t see what I’m typing.

Thank you for your volunteering silver kitty, meet me outside Marks & Spencer - meat from York. Also OP I do think your sandwich would be ‘quite nice’ but not as nice as roast lamb - which you don’t have in the US do you? Huh? Because the cowboys out-gunned the shepherds, we have Thomas’s in the family, I’ve never forgotten . Okay, press send, see how it reads..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 09:31 AM

I cooked a leg of lamb for Easter Sunday it was superb and we ate it cold for several days after .
I roast it with garlic and rosemary yummy !
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I cooked a leg of lamb for Easter Sunday it was superb and we ate it cold for several days after .
I roast it with garlic and rosemary yummy !
One thing that's definitely guaranteed to make me is roast lamb either hot or cold doesn't matter which. Just thinking about it is making me feel queezy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 04:39 PM

Really ?
I love it but don’t have it very often .
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Or perhaps the other way around ? No offence intended.
We've owned our language a good few hundred years more than other countries who have adopted it so IMO we know best..

No offence intended..
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 11:50 PM

Can't beat a good saveloy!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Really ?
I love it but don’t have it very often .
Absolutely, Muddy. Goes back to my first marriage and having Sunday lunch at my in-laws. She used to roast the meat on Saturday morning, leave it in the roasting pan with all the juices, carve it Sunday morning and warm it up. It was horrible. Even her son wouldn't touch it with a barge pole and he would eat practically every thing put in front of him.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top