Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

01-05-2020, 03:16 AM

Re: Home cooked meals from the freezer

The only frozen meals I eat are ones that I've made from scratch and have frozen the leftovers...so at that point I use the microwave to thaw the meal.

I'm not a big fan of all the chemicals and preservatives that are pumped into today's food. If I buy bread from the store, it can last months in the fridge w/o any mold, hardness or anything. To me, that says there has to be something wrong with it, especially when I put a home-made loaf of bread in and it lasts less than a week.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 06:07 AM

My frozen meals are usually things to eat with rice or pasta/spaghetti so I usually heat them by steaming them in my rice cooker on top of the rice or bamboo steamer on top of the saucepan with the spaghetti in it.

I usually make 5 or so meals at a time because cooking for one is such a pain in the arse (20 minutes to prepare, 5 minutes to eat, 10 minutes to wash up afterwards). I then divide them up and freeze them in 300Ml containers so they fit nicely in my small rice cooker.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 08:40 AM

My goodness great organisation as long as you don’t straighten the tins - that is a real danger sign

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top