Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 10:49 AM

Warning! Read This....

Thought this may be of interest...

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...-Google-Chrome
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 10:58 AM

Re: Warning! Read This....

It doesn't seem there's much anyone can do to avoid this, other than regularly back up files.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 11:22 AM

The important security feature, initially broken by Microsoft in its update, is the Chromium sandbox. For those who don't know, this key feature allows users to run applications and browser extensions in a virtual environment that is completely separate from your operating system.

Thanks to a new "security feature bypass vulnerability," as Microsoft calls it in a recent update to customers, Windows 10 now fails to properly handle the feature. This vulnerability means cyber crooks could exploit the flaw to allow their apps to escape the confines of the sandbox to infect all parts of your PC.
Scary .... at first, then I read on and investigated.

It seems that the Windows Sandbox feature is available only on Windows 10 Pro (or Enterprise) editions.

I have checked my Home edition and no such feature is available. If you want to check yours:

Open Control Panel.
Click on Programs.
Click the Turn Windows features on or off link.
On Windows Features, check the list for "Windows Sandbox"
Exit interfaces
If the feature is available then you will see something like this:

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 11:36 AM

I have two W10 machines and neither have Windows Sandbox on my list of Windows Features .... as shown in the above image.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 11:42 AM

oops edited as just realised my question is already answered!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top