Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 08:58 PM

Downton Abbey

Yes, yes, I know I'm 10 yrs too late

ITV3 started a re-run of the series every evening this week.
By 'ec - but I'm loving it!

I never even looked at it when it was first shown, thinking it wasn't 'my thing'.
I usually enjoy action stuff. Good meaty films or crime thrillers. But after enjoying Belgravia so much I thought I'd give it a whirl. So glad I did too.

Hope they run the whole series and not stop half way through
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:16 PM

Re: Downton Abbey

Mrs Fox watched it first time round Pesta but insists that I record it without fail.......Or it'll be worse for me....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mrs Fox watched it first time round Pesta but insists that I record it without fail.......Or it'll be worse for me....

Well you'd best not forget then FoxyLoxy, or woe betide you!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 12:18 AM

I loved the series of Downton Abbey. Think I have some DVD's too. I adore period drama.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:31 AM

I enjoyed most of it - series 6 was obviously losing momentum, 'Finale' ( a Christmas Special) went straight down silly street, and the cinema film was rubbish.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 09:19 AM

Pesta, l felt the same as you when Downton Abbey started. I prefer thrillers, edge of the seat stuff, so l didn’t watch it.
My two youngest daughters lived with me when it was first shown and they loved it. They even bought all the box sets.
I still didn’t watch it.

Then recently, the series Belgravia was shown on television and l really loved that. This was also written by Julian Fellowes, so l did wonder had l misjudged Downton Abbey and maybe l would have liked it, if l had watched it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Well you'd best not forget then FoxyLoxy, or woe betide you!
I've learnt to keep my head down over the years Pesta...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pesta, l felt the same as you when Downton Abbey started. I prefer thrillers, edge of the seat stuff, so l didn’t watch it.
My two youngest daughters lived with me when it was first shown and they loved it. They even bought all the box sets.
I still didn’t watch it.

Then recently, the series Belgravia was shown on television and l really loved that. This was also written by Julian Fellowes, so l did wonder had l misjudged Downton Abbey and maybe l would have liked it, if l had watched it?
Belgravia wasn't really like Downton. It was better I think. I really liked that.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 02:44 PM

I was never one for period dramas unless there was some action/violence in them like Poldark but, I have to say that Downton did hook me straight in from the beginning.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Belgravia wasn't really like Downton. It was better I think. I really liked that.
Tiffany, l couldn’t wait for Sunday to come round as l loved Belgravia so much!

Saddo aren’t l?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top