Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 01:36 AM

Re: I have been Cannonised.

Wow this is great - I would like to see the unicorn too
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 01:41 AM

That is awesome mate!...Well thought out and beautifully made.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 07:02 AM

Excellent! What fun.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 09:24 AM

The Unicorn is currently running free in the bottom paddock. The object in the workshop is one of the fully carved rocking horses I made for my kids when they were little.
Mr Fruitcake the elder has his on display at his home.
Mr Fruitcake the younger's horse has been stored in our attic for many years and suffered some damage including a broken ear and joints opening up.

I am in the process of refurbishing it and will be putting it up on the bench this avo to paint on the dapple effect.

MFTE's horse before it moved stables last year, complete with jockey.

MFTY's horse just after it was finished about 25 years ago.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:08 AM

Fruitcake, l have just had to break off doing my gardening to log on, to say, what a magnificent piece of workmanship your canon is. It is just stunning and to think you did all that with basic tools.
Then l saw the rocking horses and jockey....they are truly wonderful

Honestly, I think you are just brilliant and the world should see the pieces you’ve made.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Fruitcake, l have just had to break off doing my gardening to log on, to say, what a magnificent piece of workmanship your canon is. It is just stunning and to think you did all that with basic tools.
Then l saw the rocking horses and jockey....they are truly wonderful

Honestly, I think you are just brilliant and the world should see the pieces you’ve made.
Aw shucks, thank you.

I didn't make the jockey. That's my Lovely Cousin's ventriloquist's doll, a family heirloom, that she brought with her when we got married.

If you want to see the cannon, just ride the top deck of any bus that passes Fruitcake Folly so you can look over the fence at it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
The Unicorn is currently running free in the bottom paddock. The object in the workshop is one of the fully carved rocking horses I made for my kids when they were little.
Mr Fruitcake the elder has his on display at his home.
Mr Fruitcake the younger's horse has been stored in our attic for many years and suffered some damage including a broken ear and joints opening up.

I am in the process of refurbishing it and will be putting it up on the bench this avo to paint on the dapple effect.

MFTE's horse before it moved stables last year, complete with jockey.

MFTY's horse just after it was finished about 25 years ago.

I love the rocking horses. Will you mend the unicorn soon, would love to see that work?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

31-05-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I love the rocking horses. Will you mend the unicorn soon, would love to see that work?
It's not a unicorn, it's MFTY's rocking horse under repair. What you can see sticking out of it's head are it's newly repaired ears.

This was her just before I pulled it out the attic.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
It's not a unicorn, it's MFTY's rocking horse under repair. What you can see sticking out of it's head are it's newly repaired ears.

This was her just before I pulled it out the attic.

I thought the one ear was a horn & she's white. I would still love to see the process of restoring her.
You are so talented to be able to make a rocking horse or two. Brilliant. I always wanted one, never got one though.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

31-05-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I thought the one ear was a horn & she's white. I would still love to see the process of restoring her.
You are so talented to be able to make a rocking horse or two. Brilliant. I always wanted one, never got one though.
She is actually a dapple grey. The base coat is called whisper grey.

I'll happily do a thread about Harriet's restoration when she is finished.

Meanwhile, here's one I did earlier.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=59144

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top