Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2014, 03:34 PM

Re: Water Bills

anglian water is putting meters in all the properties, looks like some sort of con, they will be owing us money like the gas and electric people
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2014, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by seaspirit ->
anglian water is putting meters in all the properties, looks like some sort of con, they will be owing us money like the gas and electric people
Yes, I know seaspirit.

That's another reason why we did a trial first because we knew that sooner or later we'd have to face the fact that they'd want their pound of flesh too!

I don't know about you but we've always had a fairly good service from them in the past so I'm hoping that they might just respond to my email regarding the increase of consumption by almost 30% because we're mystified by that.
All I want is for them to check the meter and perhaps explain to us why it's recording an overall increase that's equivalent to about 3 months of our normal annual usage! stevmk2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2014, 06:10 PM

Looks like I'm better off then! Thanks Stevmk2!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2014, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Looks like I'm better off then! Thanks Stevmk2!
Good Luck to you Twizard!

Sorry about the delay in responding - I was out in the garden harvesting rainwater for a bath! stevmk2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2014, 06:27 PM

I don't need a bath, had two good soakings today, once with my poor little dripping dog and once at the supermarket car park!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

31-01-2014, 11:39 AM

I had a reply from Anglian Water - if you could call it that.

All they've done is repeat-back information I gave them but not answered my question about the sudden 15 - 20 cubic meter increase in our water consumption last year, despite the fact that I gave them all of ours for the last 4 years to prove my point!

All they've told me is that if there's a leak it's down to me to get it investigated and repaired and that's not just internal leaks, (we haven't got any!), but also any leaks between our inlet back to their meter.

My suggestion that they recheck the meter reading was ignored.

I simply can't afford to get someone in to dig up almost my entire front garden to inspect and investigate a possible leak and besides, the water pipe goes partly under a Gas pipe that was replaced in 2010 and the damp course has all been replaced too so there's that to take into consideration!

All in all it was a rather condescending, disparaging missive that annoyed me intensely but I'm stuffed basically!

Wouldn't it be nice if you could choose your Water provider?!! stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I had a reply from Anglian Water - if you could call it that.

All they've done is repeat-back information I gave them but not answered my question about the sudden 15 - 20 cubic meter increase in our water consumption last year, despite the fact that I gave them all of ours for the last 4 years to prove my point!

All they've told me is that if there's a leak it's down to me to get it investigated and repaired and that's not just internal leaks, (we haven't got any!), but also any leaks between our inlet back to their meter.

My suggestion that they recheck the meter reading was ignored.

I simply can't afford to get someone in to dig up almost my entire front garden to inspect and investigate a possible leak and besides, the water pipe goes partly under a Gas pipe that was replaced in 2010 and the damp course has all been replaced too so there's that to take into consideration!

All in all it was a rather condescending, disparaging missive that annoyed me intensely but I'm stuffed basically!

Wouldn't it be nice if you could choose your Water provider?!! stevmk2
Steve that is annoying and why I don't want a water meter.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

31-01-2014, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Steve that is annoying and why I don't want a water meter.
From what I'm told Meg, all the Water Companies will be going over to Metered Supply before much longer but the problem regarding your supply will still impinge on everyone now.
If you suspect a leak of water on your property, internal or external, it's up to you to find it and pay for it to be rectified; that's what Anglian Water are telling me, so I suspect all the others are doing the same thing.

If a leak occurs up to your meter or point of delivery, it's down to the Local Water Authority to repair / rectify the problem.

Anglian Water tell me that this was all part of The Water Bill was published on 27 June 2013.

They won't entertain the possibility in my case that the meter was misread either so, as I said, I'm stuffed here. stevmk2
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 05:31 PM

Steve perhaps you should read your water meter on a day when your house will be empty and no water being used and read it again on your return then you will see if the reading has changed and that will confirm whether or not there is a water leak.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

31-01-2014, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Steve perhaps you should read your water meter on a day when your house will be empty and no water being used and read it again on your return then you will see if the reading has changed and that will confirm whether or not there is a water leak.
If it ever stops raining here that's the plan myrtle! stevmk2

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top