Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Re: My dear Aunt Phythian

Perhaps it was be someone else's Aunt Phythian Effluvia was acquainted with.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 09:54 PM

My great aunt Maryanne, might well have been aquainted with Aunt Phythian.
Her little black hat with the lacy veil, hid her sorrowful eyes. You see her very first and very last husband, had married her bigamously...oh the shame. She was his sixth 'wife'.
Such a lovely man, who always bought us great nieces sweeties.
Great aunt Maryanne had a fox round her shoulders too Jimmy, dead, of course. It smelled of leather and lavender.
I'm sure I remember Aunt Phythian penning a monologue of condolences to our sorrowful great aunt.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 10:02 PM

[[quote]]
My dear Aunt Phythian

I hope you realise my tea went cold while I tried to pronounce her blasted name and thought it was a bit odd. It was only when I gave up trying and called her Phthingywhatsit then read about the guinea pigs I realised.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 10:22 PM

I still don't realise but pronounced the name fine.

If you think that's strange you should have seen the local paper a couple of weeks back, there was an article... Hold on while I find it.

There we go - "The Wild Side Of Phucket".

Just typing it has set me off giggling again.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Hi Maver-rik,
what a generous & forgiving spirit you have after I made such a thoughtless comment concerning your illustrious forebear.

Aunt Phythian was a peer of Isadora Duncan , another free spirit. Aunt Phythian may even have given Isadora the long scarf which caught in the wheels of the motor vehicle she was travelling in and which brought her life to an horrific strangulated end

Who am I to say whom she consorted with, my apologies.
After all, she was laregely responsible for resurrecting the ancient village game of DWILE FLONKING, ably demonstrated at the Palace of Beaulieu & sponsored by Lord Montagu himself.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 10:33 PM

Hazel....... realised what??
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

25-10-2012, 10:40 PM

HI Janela,did she give you acid drops?

I vaguely remember a eulogy/monologue entitled
Phythian and Gideon being passed around a while back.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 03:16 PM

According to what my Great Aunt Lo told me Dwile Flonking only took place at Futtocks End, in secrecy and only when there was a full moon. The adornment of dead animals draped around the neck was an obligatory part of the ceremony for both males and females.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Aunt Phythian was a peer of Isadora Duncan , another free spirit. Aunt Phythian may even have given Isadora the long scarf which caught in the wheels of the motor vehicle she was travelling in and which brought her life to an horrific strangulated end.
It's the thought that counts though Robert!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2012, 06:06 PM

I have posted this twice in error, & I don't know how to delete.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top