Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:57 PM

Owning a classic car?

I dunno, I ponder a lot about time on my hands. For years I have worked very hard on computers, and still am, but it worries me that I get so tired at times and that I get so damn well obsessed about it. I can spend days working on website coding, and thoroughly enjoying myself, hardly stopping to breathe whilst the world (and my health) passes me by. Wracked my brain lately about what I would like to do apart from the computer related stuff and maybe owing a classic car might do the job . Maybe not but I used to be a car tuner and also repaired cars long ago. Would love to get my hands on a Rover 2000 TC or Rover 3500.

Then again is the above more hassle than it is worth?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 05:52 PM

Re: Owning a classic car?

I would love a classic car too. A Ford Anglia - the kind with the funny back window that the police drove in 'Hearbeat'.
I do think it would be a lot of hassle though and seeing as my husband isn't the slightest interested it will have to remain a dream..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I would love a classic car too. A Ford Anglia - the kind with the funny back window that the police drove in 'Hearbeat'.
I do think it would be a lot of hassle though and seeing as my husband isn't the slightest interested it will have to remain a dream..
I love the old motors, cant compare today - all that lovely chrome and beautiful designs, you could tell one from the other then ........
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 07:01 PM

Hi MKJ
For the past two & a half years I've owned (and driven ) a 2004 Rover 75 2.L diesel 'connoiseur' SE...

http://www.cwn.org.uk/motoring/rover...01-pricing.htm

Lovely cars to drive and, although not yet regarded as a 'classic', I'm sure they will be at some stage!...
Regards,

Malc.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
Hi MKJ
For the past two & a half years I've owned (and driven ) a 2004 Rover 75 2.L diesel 'connoiseur' SE...

http://www.cwn.org.uk/motoring/rover...01-pricing.htm

Lovely cars to drive and, although not yet regarded as a 'classic', I'm sure they will be at some stage!...
Regards,

Malc.
Really is a beautiful looking car, and I'm sure you are right about it being regarded as a 'classic' car one day; you could say it already is as the design is so appealing.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2014, 08:51 PM

I've owned a few of these - a long time ago. To me this is one classy looking vehicle and it drives superbly.

Well not that particular model as it is the V8. I owned a few of the 2000 / 2200 versions.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 09:28 PM

Not a classic, but I'd love a Mazda MX5.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 10:07 PM

My brother was a mechanic and as he (referring to Rovers) put it, "they'll break your heart and empty your pockets".

I've always fancied a Morris Minor traveller.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My very first driving lessons were in a Ford Anglia (with the 'raked - back' window) in 1963...
I actually passed my driving test in a Triumph Herald, in November 1964...

Regards, Malc.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 02:05 AM

Never been a petrol head myself, only function i reqd from a car is that it got me from A to B. However i will admit to wanting a Morgan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top