Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 04:57 PM

Re: Whats your favourite dance ......

Love that dance
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 05:11 PM

DebW We love ballroom and sequence dancing. Favourites are the chacha, rumba and Mayfair quickstep.

And we both ADORE Riverdance: we've seen it five times now.

I used to love the "Mayfair quickstep". We would have fundraising nights 3 or 4 times a year which consisted of ballroom and modern sequence dancing at our local village hall, my crowd had no male dancers as such, so always begged one of the older ladies to lend me her husband to dance this one, although elderly it was a pleasure to dance with him but also to watch he and his wife dance.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 11:27 PM

Venus ... I would have been very useful at those dances ... I can dance both the man and ladies steps !!!

Obviously the Mayfair Quickstep is still around AND more often than not we dance it to Riverdance type music ... it is also done in samba time

I'm going to check if the Britannia has a ballroom .... I'll take you round the floor a few times
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jeremyyoung ->
I love ballroom ever since I was a child... My sister,taught the steps...
Good to hear Jerem

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top